2405fpw AWESOME PRICING

Yeah it works some time I got a pda for 20% off from dell but it depends on youre luck because some times it works sometimes it doesn't.

I'm happy with the price I got if the screen is at good as some people say is worth the money.

But even if you don't have the 10% off you can call and try to hassle them to give it to you thats for the people with no company discounts.

Still the prices here in Canada are much higher than the ~ $900 - $950 us people pay in the states.

He gave me the 899+ free shipping deal. Will be purchasing on thursday when I get paid!

FYI, He told me this has to be done by Wensday. Guess I am out of luck on this one. I am checking with the WIPRO rep now.

I got a phone call response from Gabe (although it was a girl on the line)... and she was about to tell me I could order the monitor. I had to interupt and make sure she realized that I was in Canada.

After a moment of silence she informed me that they only ship to the Continental United States :(

So I said goodbye, and now I'm back at square one :(

PKFGimpy said:
I got a phone call response from Gabe (although it was a girl on the line)... and she was about to tell me I could order the monitor. I had to interupt and make sure she realized that I was in Canada.

After a moment of silence she informed me that they only ship to the Continental United States :(

So I said goodbye, and now I'm back at square one :(

Those of us from Canada need to work together on this and try to get a discount of our own .. :) how do you get the attention of a Dell rep? Theres' gotta be someone willing to knock, say, 15% off if we can guarantee a bunch of sales to one rep at once...

Sorry about the Canada thing... I hope you guys find something that works out for you.

Gabe called me today while I was at lunch. It wasn't the best time to talk, but I saw it was him so I answered. He was pretty excited about the business.

He said that the deal was going through Wednesday next week. He also mentioned that he could include a UPC or some sort of battery backup. But, he's at the end of what he can do.

Glad ya'll gave him the business and that it was mutually beneficial for you!

I can't wait to get my display. I gotta quit updating the freakin' status page so often - it's beyond ridiculous :rolleyes:

Dim-Ize

Dim-Ize,

When did you place your order? Just curious to know what your shipping status is because I am going out of town mid month and would rather not have my monitor arrive while im gone.

i can verify that Gabe is giving good prices...i ordered my panel through him this afternoon. He's a great guy, very affable, and did my panel (plus the UPS) for 944.00 shipped (that includes tax and everything).

good man.

dave

so does this guy work for Dell, or like a wholesaler or something? Cuz ir ealyl wany one :(

Dasgooch,

I only ordered mine yesterday. I was debating the video card for several days before I ever ordered the display...

My shipping staus shows March 21st.

BUT

I've read in some other forums that they are delivering much faster than the actual ship dates you see during the order status.

If you ordered yesterday (like me) or today, I imagine you will see it as early as next Friday. My guess is it will be the week of the 14th, though. :(

That may not work out for you so well. Frankly, I don't know all this to be 100% accurate, just going off what some other posters have reported. I also expect allot of it has to do with the distribution center location and your delivery address - that kind of thing.

If I were you, I would check order status, call back into the generic Dell number (not Gabe's) and ask them about your ship date.

Dim-Ize

zidion said:
so does this guy work for Dell, or like a wholesaler or something? Cuz ir ealyl wany one :(

Zidion - he works for Dell in the SMB division.

Dim-Ize

Dim-Ize,

I've been like you and have been checking my order status on Dell's site like mad. Well I just barely checked my status for the 100th time it seems and I have a tracking number! Hot damn coming on Monday! Hopefully yours will be getting to you soon.

Dasgooch said:
Dim-Ize,

I've been like you and have been checking my order status on Dell's site like mad. Well I just barely checked my status for the 100th time it seems and I have a tracking number! Hot damn coming on Monday! Hopefully yours will be getting to you soon.

are you sure that your tracking # is for your monitor or is it for your free battery back up instead?

I placed my order through Gabe around 2:00pm EST and he told me that they didnt have anymore 2405FPs in stock at the moment but that they would get more in by early next week.

I have also recieved a tracking number but its for my battery backup and not the LCD. as a matter of fact, my order is actually two different orders. one is for the 2405FP and the other is for the battery backup.

ozziegn said:
are you sure that your tracking # is for your monitor or is it for your free battery back up instead?

I placed my order through Gabe around 2:00pm EST and he told me that they didnt have anymore 2405FPs in stock at the moment but that they would get more in by early next week.

I have also recieved a tracking number but its for my battery backup and not the LCD. as a matter of fact, my order is actually two different orders. one is for the 2405FP and the other is for the battery backup.

Ozziegn you are correct its my UPS, I didn't see that anywhere on my email from Gabe but now that I look more closely it is just the ups and the LCD is still in pre-production.

I ordered mine through Gabe at about 12:30 central time and it says my monitor has already shipped, guess I got lucky.

conflix said:
I ordered mine through Gabe at about 12:30 central time and it says my monitor has already shipped, guess I got lucky.

again, are you sure its your monitor and not the free battery backup?

in the order details, it says that the actual monitor has shipped and the part number matches up, so i guess it is it.

Wow. I ordered mine on Thursay of last week. And the site said estimated shipping date on the 21st. I just checked the update status tonight, and it said delivery tomorrow.

I live in Nashville and there is a shipping place here, so that may have sped things up though.

My tracking info said my 2405 would be delivered on 3/9, but I checked again and it's now 3/8. I'm in Atlanta and the origin is listed as Nashville. I guess Dell has a distributor in Tennessee.

Yes, Alwriter. The plant is right off 24 - perfect for its trip to Atlanta (Peach Tree Blvd Capitol of the world). They could probably get there sooner if the truck could lug that heavy monitor over Eagle Mountain any faster.

Sparrow_69 said:
I am also in Canada and have a 10% company discount. I told the sales rep I was initially interested in the 2005. He then proceeded to tell me about the newer super duper 2405 fp( i played dumb). Anyway, I ended up telling him it was too expensive. In the end, he offered me an extra 10% on top of my original 10% with free shipping. In the end, it came out to 1379.32$ CAD with tax and shipping.
Well that's a nice win. :)

Those of us from Canada need to work together on this and try to get a discount of our own .. how do you get the attention of a Dell rep? Theres' gotta be someone willing to knock, say, 15% off if we can guarantee a bunch of sales to one rep at once...

I know a dell canada rep. He says you will never get low prices like you see in the states. I wont go into details but you're going to get ripped off no matter what buying dell stuff in canada.

holy cow!

I placed my order at around 2:300pm EST on Friday for the $899 (plus tax) deal with the free overnite shipping AND the free APC 500VA battery back-up. the rep told me that they had the battery back-up in stock but they ran out of their initial supply of the 2405FPs and that they didnt know when the next shipment would be coming in. he guessed somewhere around the middle to end of this week.

okay, getting a $300 discount on this LCD can give me some patience but to my surprise, Airborne Express delivered my battery back-up on Saturday and my LCD is on its way to the carrier which will then be delivered overnite.

so it looks like I could either get my LCD on Monday if not Tuesday at the latest. :cool:

only bad part is that I already have another 2405FP coming on Tuesday of which I will be refusing the delivery because I ordered that one at first but I only got 10% off so I cancelled the order. the rep told me that it already shipped but all I had to do was to refuse the package and give the UPS man a refusal code that the rep told me to write down.

man, I'm impressed at how fast Dell is getting these monitors out to their customers.

That is awesome that they are delivering them quickly, and now they need to be as good as everyone else says.

ozziegn said:
holy cow!

I placed my order at around 2:300pm EST on Friday for the $899 (plus tax) deal with the free overnite shipping AND the free APC 500VA battery back-up. the rep told me that they had the battery back-up in stock but they ran out of their initial supply of the 2405FPs and that they didnt know when the next shipment would be coming in. he guessed somewhere around the middle to end of this week.

okay, getting a $300 discount on this LCD can give me some patience but to my surprise, Airborne Express delivered my battery back-up on Saturday and my LCD is on its way to the carrier which will then be delivered overnite.

so it looks like I could either get my LCD on Monday if not Tuesday at the latest. :cool:

only bad part is that I already have another 2405FP coming on Tuesday of which I will be refusing the delivery because I ordered that one at first but I only got 10% off so I cancelled the order. the rep told me that it already shipped but all I had to do was to refuse the package and give the UPS man a refusal code that the rep told me to write down.

man, I'm impressed at how fast Dell is getting these monitors out to their customers.

I wish I could share your excitement - I ordered my panel first thing on the morning of 3/1 and I'm still "in production" with a delivery date of March 23rd.

I think I'm going to bitch at Dell a bit and see what happens. :confused:

Slick

I ordered mine for $860 early morning Friday 3/4 and I just got a notification this morning (3/7) that its on its way to the carrier. I originally had a ship date of March 21. Whoo hoo.. should have it by weeks end. Waiting on tracking number.

Sir Slick said:
I wish I could share your excitement - I ordered my panel first thing on the morning of 3/1 and I'm still "in production" with a delivery date of March 23rd.

I think I'm going to bitch at Dell a bit and see what happens. :confused:

Slick

dont get too excited just yet.

it wouldnt surprise me one bit if your monitor didnt show up on your doorstep either today or tomorrow.

Dell's order updating system isnt exactly known to be 100% reliable.

ozziegn said:
dont get too excited just yet.

it wouldnt surprise me one bit if your monitor didnt show up on your doorstep either today or tomorrow.

Dell's order updating system isnt exactly known to be 100% reliable.

It would be fantastic if that were the case. <praying to the monitor delivery gods>

I'm going to pester Dell a bit and see if I can get updated information. Cripes, I'm 38 and acting like a little kid waiting for xmas! How sad is that? hehehehehe

:)

Sir Slick

just wanted to confirm you can still get the deal on this monitor. i was able to order it a few minutes ago from this rep Andy for $860 w/ 2 day shipping. hopefully i'll get it wednesday, and when i do there will be tons of pictures taken :)

I e-mailed that guy referencing Joey Deeb and haven't gotten a response yet. Guessing he's busy. Hopefully I get one before Wed.

is the guy that is sellign this for 860 the same one in fatwallet?

I am trying to get some info on how to contqact this guy to find out how legit he is.

DMystikaLD said:
I e-mailed that guy referencing Joey Deeb and haven't gotten a response yet. Guessing he's busy. Hopefully I get one before Wed.

he is busy...he told me that he's recieved so many that he's having to shove them off to other reps.

dave

Will he forward the e-mail over? Or just discard it? I just want to make sure I'll get contacted back by some rep at least.

If you guys can give me the contact info of the person that is sellign this product cheap of 860 free shipping, i can see what I can do if you buy it and I can ship; it to you with a small fee either way you will save and not pay the 1199. Let me know

i ordered this from him this morning for $875 i dont care il pay the extra dollars for this display and he said theres free overnight shipping so hopefully ill get it fast and maybe within the week

shadylx said:
i ordered this from him this morning for $875 i dont care il pay the extra dollars for this display and he said theres free overnight shipping so hopefully ill get it fast and maybe within the week

Could you do me a favor and let me know when you get a ship date confirmation. I ordered mine on Friday 3/4 and it says it wont ship until 3/16 but I see others have gotten theirs shipped already when they ordered on Sat 3/5. Thanks.

Just wanted to say I just ordered mine $860 + free 2nd day shipping without tax. the total was $945.. expected shipping day is march 17th... AWESOME..

thanks Andy (dell rep) for the deal :)

Back