2405FPW vs. 2005FPW, side by side pics to compare

mai9 said:
here's a review with a photo of what you want.

I still don't know which one to buy, the 2405 costs 2x but looks like it's worth, but it's still 2x.......... I really don't know :confused:
$744 is a steal for the 2405FPW. Go for it.

Rob said:
$744 is a steal for the 2405FPW. Go for it.
Yes, $744 is a steal, but Dell Spain charges €978 ($1169) including taxes and shipping (and that price includes a 30% discount!). Where is that $744 shop? because Dell USA price is $1019.

mai9 said:
Yes, $744 is a steal, but Dell Spain charges €978 ($1169) including taxes and shipping (and that price includes a 30% discount!). Where is that $744 shop? because Dell USA price is $1019. And more important, can I buy from that shop with confidence?
It's $744 from Dell. Use the coupon 69$8KC79D53S2H for 35% off and there's a $35 off $300 or more coupon you can buy off of eBay for around $2 that will bring your total to $744 or so.

Rob said:
It's $744 from Dell. Use the coupon 69$8KC79D53S2H for 35% off and there's a $35 off $300 or more coupon you can buy off of eBay for around $2 that will bring your total to $744 or so.
I'll have to check If I can buy from Dell USA as I live in Spain, which I am not sure. I suspect they will send me to Dell Spain.

mai9 said:
I'll have to check If I can buy from Dell USA as I live in Spain, which I am not sure. I suspect they will send me to Dell Spain.
Good luck, let me know how it goes!

Rob said:
Good luck, let me know how it goes!
It seems that I can buy on Dell USA if I give them a shipping address within USA, after that I'll have to ship it to spain by myself.

I want to check some details first to decide if this is really worth the trouble. Thanks for your suggestion :)

my american friend checked with UPS and DHL and shipping to Spain is $423 or $505. At this price it's cheaper to buy from Dell Spain! :eek:

I was wondering if I was seeing right. Does the 20" have better color than the 24"?

m16ac said:
I was wondering if I was seeing right. Does the 20" have better color than the 24"?

That can be a case of both having different panels, digital camera CCD sensors ability to reconize color difference, glare, angle, gamma, contrast and brightness settings can attribute for it to look very different.

I'm planning on buying a 2405 from Costco ($879 shipped). I will need a new video card as my current one is not DVI. I have a K7T Turbo2 motherboard with a 4X AGP slot. I'd like to find a good price/performance trade-off - I don't the best fastest card on the market but I don't have to get the cheapest thing either. If it were dual DVI that might be a plus, since I might get a second monitor later, but that's not a big priority, since maybe if I get a 2nd monitor I'm going to need a whole new PC anyway.

Any suggestions on good value cards or current hot deals would be greatly appreciated. I live in the USA (Seattle).

thanks,
-L

accckkk - sorry - I posted this and then went to the forum and saw that there's already a thread devoted to this exact question: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1007241 I'll jump on that thread with more directed questions...

which would you guys go for ?

Immediately a 2005FPW and then in 6 months or so another one ?

Or just a 2405FPW right now ?

Keeping in mind the SED panels coming out next year and all...

Rishy said:

Or get a 2407 when they come out since they have that crap for HDCP. I'd probably get a 2005FPW and then sell when I wanted to go to 2407 later. That being said, I did just move up from a 2005 to a 2405 :).

Rishy said:

Keeping in mind the SED panels coming out next year and all...

For a very high price. Plus, its still a year and waiting is gay.

Fallguy,
First off, You rock. Great Job! You helped me a lot. I do have a request, I noticed that the height on the 2405FPW is incorrect on the Dell web site, is there a way you can post a picture doing the same thing to the width. I have a computer hutch that the width measures exactly 20 and 3/4 inches. Man I want this monitor, I may have to bust out the old saw to get it in though.. haha. Thanks for the help

Indeed, I just took the plunge and picked up the 2405 direct from Dell.

For those interested, today is supposedly the last day for Dell's 20% off sale. $799 with free shipping if purchased directly from the website...

skidmarq said:
Indeed, I just took the plunge and picked up the 2405 direct from Dell.

For those interested, today is supposedly the last day for Dell's 20% off sale. $799 with free shipping if purchased directly from the website...
Just in time for the 2407/2007 release!! Maybe.

Big emphasis on "maybe"...one of the many factors I weighed before taking the proverbial plunge.

I'll be pissed if I buy the 2405 tonight and tommorrow the 2407 comes out. I guess I could go ahead and order the 2405 and have it changed to the 2407. :)

To be honest, it wouldn't really bother me if they released the 2407 in the near future because I doubt it is going to bring anything to the table that I deem "required" for my gaming experience.

Besides, considering the 2405 was well into the $1000 price range just a few months ago, this was a gamble I had to take!

Back