2407 backlight question

dakine99

n00b
I just recieved my replacement 2407 (rev02) from dell. The first one I got was a 00 but it did have the updated firmware that fixed the banding problem and text blur.

There is a huge difference between the brightness of both panels. It seems that the backlight in the older version is much stronger. I have to turn the brightness up to 100% with this new monitor to make it look right. Is that ok or would I be better off keeping the older one since there seems to be no difference other then some color tweaking in the firmware. I have never had an lcd and I'm worried that it will only become less bright over time.

:confused:

Return both. Return the first for the old firmware, and call dell and speak to a representetive about returning the new one for a replacement. You don't have to deal with choosing between the two, make sure you get one that is both the latest firmware and well backlit.

I didn't consider that it could be a defect. Can anyone with a rev02 comment on this? Is your brightness set to 100?

I have an A02 and if I don't turn the brightness down to about 30 it feels like it's burning out my retinas. I also came from an A00, and the brightness on the two monitors is identical so far as I can tell.

Back