2407 lean/sag/tilt

luminous

n00b
sorry if this has been discussed before. couldn't find anything with search.

how common is it for one side of the 2407 to be lower than the other?

is this a problem with the stand, the screen, or the way the 2 connect?

is there a fix or is it just luck?

thanks

luminous said:
sorry if this has been discussed before. couldn't find anything with search.

how common is it for one side of the 2407 to be lower than the other?

is this a problem with the stand, the screen, or the way the 2 connect?

is there a fix or is it just luck?

thanks
You know what... I had this problem with my old 2405 and sent it back to dell for a replacement. This one was better but its starting to sag too... Im thinking about senidng this one back too.

nothing a little elbow grease, skrew driver, and wrench/spanner will not fix...

Dell won't just replace the stand. They will only replace the whole unit. This is a judgement call. If that's the only problem, you might just want to do what I did with my 2405 which I bought in June of 2005. I stuck 2-1" felt pads together and placed it under the lower side of the stand. These pads are used on lamps, computer equipment, etc. to protect furniture surfaces. The monitor is still level now after a year and a half.

delta7000 said:
Dell won't just replace the stand. They will only replace the whole unit. This is a judgement call. If that's the only problem, you might just want to do what I did with my 2405 which I bought in June of 2005. I stuck 2-1" felt pads together and placed it under the lower side of the stand. These pads are used on lamps, computer equipment, etc. to protect furniture surfaces. The monitor is still level now after a year and a half.

i think it is the only problem. before, it was set up at work and the tilt seemed severe. now that i've got it home it doesnt seem so bad. it's maybe a little more than .25"

backlight looks normal, no pixel issues that i can see, banding seems to be gone. i'll have to play with it for a few days/weeks and see if anything pops up.

i was on the fence between this and the benq, and for $200 less, i think this will suffice. ;)

My 2407 just arrived on Tuesday and has the same issue. Tilts / sags to the right by about .25 to .5 inch.

I called Dell talked to about 5-6 diff people and they are finally sending me another monitor. The first one also has one stuck white pixel... so I will see how the second one is and decide which to keep.

Overall the panel looks great... Im very happy with it aside from the lean it has.

Eh, what are we talking about? I can twist my monitor one way or the other and it will stay and i guess as you guys know it will rotate and be vertical... but my monitor doesn't get stuck tilted...?

i was about to ask if it was like the 20" widescreen that rotates..... (if that is the case, simply just rotate it back to level)

Mine sags to the side it rotates (right) too but wont go all the way back to a neutral / level position.

Back