2407 release date

alkoholik said:
mine came today too....a day early as well.

too bad i wasnt expecting it and the one time I step out to run an errand ups comes and leaves that damn note on my door. ah, theres always tomorrow. :(

Ahh thats gotta suck :( Well, if you are quick you could call customer support with whoever you shipped with and ask if you could pick it up at the warehouse tonight when the dilevery van comes back. Ive done that before.

I pretty much DOSed the ups tracking service and saw it was gonna come today, (actually a reschedule from the 15th:D woot ups ground)

tskiller said:
Ahh thats gotta suck :( Well, if you are quick you could call customer support with whoever you shipped with and ask if you could pick it up at the warehouse tonight when the dilevery van comes back. Ive done that before.

I pretty much DOSed the ups tracking service and saw it was gonna come today, (actually a reschedule from the 15th:D woot ups ground)

didnt have time to call....had to get ready for work...and now that im not work calling them wont do any good :p

i can wait till tomorrow....its not a big deal

Man i wish i had your patience :D I was nuts the last coupla days and today i was like a 6 year old on xmas :)

I'm def gonna get a 2007fpw

my mom is killing me about the electricity bill for the 20" CRT

Still waiting for the $330ish deal and teh revisions

How much would you save if you bought the E5150 bundle and sold the desktop?

intogamer said:
I'm def gonna get a 2007fpw

my mom is killing me about the electricity bill for the 20" CRT

Still waiting for the $330ish deal and teh revisions

How much would you save if you bought the E5150 bundle and sold the desktop?

330?? when did this happen, is there a thread about it somewhere

I ordered the 2407 through Dell Canada and received it on Friday the 9th....and it is simply amazing.

I play BF2 alot and don't notice any input lag or ghosting. I can play that FPS without worrying about not being able to hit targets because of dreaded input lag. I haven't tried any other FPS's yet but will post if anything should arise.

This monitor is gorgeous. I will NOT be returning it. The price was right. Less than $1000CDN.

__Craniax__ said:
I ordered the 2407 through Dell Canada and received it on Friday the 9th....and it is simply amazing.

I play BF2 alot and don't notice any input lag or ghosting. I can play that FPS without worrying about not being able to hit targets because of dreaded input lag. I haven't tried any other FPS's yet but will post if anything should arise.

This monitor is gorgeous. I will NOT be returning it. The price was right. Less than $1000CDN.

Were you able to recieve a discount simply by asking? It would be awesome if it could be had for under $900 after tax.

a ronin said:
Were you able to recieve a discount simply by asking? It would be awesome if it could be had for under $900 after tax.
Mine was, 754.46 shipped. (USD) :p

a ronin said:

Dell Canada was negotiable. I got free shipping and paid less than $1000CDN with tax included. The price before taxes was VERY reasonable for this brand new beauty . Dell are definitely happy to negotiate. I would try as many reps as you can talk to. Some are easier to deal with than others.

I'm very happy and I KNOW that the value is great for what I got. DVD's are crazy nice.

Now to upgrade my video card and then wait for Conroe.

__Craniax__ said:
Dell Canada was negotiable. I got free shipping and paid less than $1000CDN with tax included. The price before taxes was VERY reasonable for this brand new beauty . Dell are definitely happy to negotiate. I would try as many reps as you can talk to. Some are easier to deal with than others.

I'm very happy and I KNOW that the value is great for what I got. DVD's are crazy nice.

Now to upgrade my video card and then wait for Conroe.

Are you deliberately being vague? I don't mean to pry, but can you just say what your pre and post tax prices were? Our American counterparts are getting it for $750. We should be able to get it for under $900.

Please PM me if you prefer not to disclose it publically. I would love to talk to the same rep you had.

a ronin said:
Are you deliberately being vague? I don't mean to pry, but can you just say what your pre and post tax prices were? Our American counterparts are getting it for $750. We should be able to get it for under $900.

Please PM me if you prefer not to disclose it publically. I would love to talk to the same rep you had.

I ordered mine through Dell Home Office (US) before the 25% coupons started showing up at Small Business, so I phoned 'em back and to make a long story short ended up getting $142 rebated back to my CC and a $100 stackable coupon from Home Office, no coupon needed. Thanks Dell. ;)

BTW Rev. A01, minor banding, but otherwise awesome panel.

SR

from the above post,

"Does the 2407WFP support 1080i/p picture through DVI?
* No.

Does the 2407WFP support 1080p picture through component?
* No.

Does the 2407WFP support 1080i picture through component?
* Yes."

so i was correct, after all. NO 1080i/p through DVI regardless of HDMI/HDCP! damn! i think he's probably referring to HD-DVD/BR players outputting those signals. on the computers, we'll still be able to enjoy 1080p cause of video card hdcp and hdcp/dvi of the display.

does that mean if we have a blue ray or hd dvd player in our computer (in the future) will we be able to watch movies at 1080p?

if of course the monitor and video card support hdcp

You wont have to worry about HDCP until 2010. The problem is whether it'll display correctly or not.

I dont know of anyone that has been able to output a 1080p signal to the screen to see what happens, until then we cannot know..

As for 1080P trough DVI, well in theory it should (if not officially supported)

okay, that was supposed to clarify things, not muddy it up :p.

if you're buying the 240x series as a STANDALONE HDTV and will NOT be hooking it up to a PC, then what chris said applies.

meaning if you have an XBox outputting 1080i, then yes, it will display it in 1080i via component input. but DVI? only 720p. same goes for PS3 when that rolls around, using component output from PS3 will mean 1080i=yes. but if you're using HDMI->DVI from PS3 to 240x, then ONLY 720p.

if you're using your Cable box to output 1080i via component, then NO PROBLEM. but if you're using their DVI output and ya hooked it up to your 240x DVI input? only 720p.

if you're using HD-DVD (and i presume BluRay players) and outputting component in 1080i, then no problems. 240x can do 1080i. but if you're using their HDMI through an adapter into DVI, then the 240x can only display 720p.

another words, if you're buying 240x with the intent and purposes of using it SOLELY as an HDTV and that's all, then you will only get 720p out of the DVI input. the way that standalone CE outputs via HDMI/DVI is (i guess) different than how computers output signals.

if you're using 240x hooked up to your COMPUTER, you can run it at anything upto 1200p! so if you're running 1920x1200p, you're already giving the display a "progressive" signal digitally. when you buy that sata HD-DVD/BluRay drive and have a HDCP rom onboard your newest video card, i'd imagine you can playback any HD-DVD/BR movie titles in 1920x1080p full resolution. i can't see why not. hell you can do it already if you've recorded 1080p movies from cable-HD or over the air! so all of you attaching it to the computer, DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT! you'll be able to (hopefully) playback 1080p discs or internet delivered 1080p content without worries!

^ genius! this monitor sounds almost perfect to me now.. i just need to see some 1080i pics of the 360 then ill decide if i want to buy one

Just order one...you know you want to. You can play with the A01 in desktop mode with no visible banding and then just PM Dell support and they will send you a A02 when they are available and you just return the A01 with no charge. That way you can use the 24 inches ASAP! Sure it's a little hassle but it's such a BIG screen.

Besides, even if you tell the Sales rep at Dell you want the A02 like I did, they have no way of knowing what will be shipped and you will get the A01 also like I did. They are clueless on top of that.

If I could turn back time would I wait until the A02 are shipping and still play with my old monitor? No! I'll take the hassle and enjoy this beotch!

DO IT!

I received my replacement A02 yesterday.
It appears to have corrected banding in horizontal gradients, but not vertical--has anyone else noticed this? If this a continuing problem with these monitors, how do we go about getting it corrected?

The banding is quite noticeable when viewing the images on the following thread:
http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=dim_monitor&message.id=58783
and also while running the "Color Spectrum" test on CheckeMON.

Since I still have my A00, I decided to run the two monitors head-to-head (although I only have 1 DVI output from my video card, so the A00 is running in analog, that is no problem, as I understand that there are no gradient issues with the A00 running off the VGA input) and take a couple of photos of the screens--If anyone can help me regarding posting them, please let me know, I have both 5MP and 1MP photos. There is definitely a big difference between gradients on the A00 with VGA input and the A02 with DVI input.

Back