2407FPW buzzing noise, simple fix

cheezies

[H]ard|Gawd
I've owned a 2407FPW for over half a year now, just a few minutes ago I noticed a buzzing noise. I did some searches on google and found this thread. A gentleman on that thread posted a question asking if anyone experienced a "buzzing noise" when brightness was lower than 85.

Simply put, increasing the brightness seems to get rid of the buzzing noise some may notice. I tried changing the brightness from 50 to 80 and the buzzing noise is now gone.

Sorry to revive an old post but I thought it would be better to revive an older thread than start a whole new one. I just bought a Samsung SyncMaster 216BW 22" LCD monitor and it buzzes when the brightness is set lower than around 85-90. I know that the fix for this is to simply set the brightness above said values, but does anyone know why this occurs? Is there a better fix for this issue?

Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely in love with this display as a replacement for looking at my laptop LCD, but I thought someone on the forum might know something about this issue.

Thanks in advance for the replies. :)

I have the buzzing problem with my Acer AL1917 (a cheap 19" non-widescreen) - which I noticed immediately out of the box. Cranking up the brightness up to or near 100% eliminates the noise. It's probably not a bad panel since I RMAed for an exchange and got another noisy panel. Then I sent the panel in for repair and got the panel back with the same noise problems (though it looks as though they simply swapped out the power supply). I gave up trying to fix it after that.

My best guess is that the noise is the backlight, and the buzzing noise is simply more pronounced on some models of LCDs than others. I've never had the buzzing noise on my old Hitachi 17" panel or on any of the Dell 19" monitors that we have at work (or at least the ones I bothered to listen to).

Unfortunately, simply cranking up the brightness to 100% sometimes washes out the colors so it's not really a great solution.

There was a lot of discussion about lcd noise on the NEC 2690 thread - around here:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1095840&page=25

European models were apparently the only ones affected. NEC claimed they found a fix - but it didn't work for me.

I was thinking about moving to Samsung 275T but I guess this may have noise issues too. Seems a common problem with lcds.

David

Back