24pin orientation question

I just finished sleeving my PSU and I made a note of where all the v sense wires go and one that has 2black wires and a purple. I put the blue, grey, green wires etc where I took them out. I just put black where black was and red and orange as there were many of them. I assume it doesn't matter which one goes in each hole as long as it is the right color. Is this right as I do not wanna plug it back in and see smoke.

Thanks

Cpt Twitchy said:
I just finished sleeving my PSU and I made a note of where all the v sense wires go and one that has 2black wires and a purple. I put the blue, grey, green wires etc where I took them out. I just put black where black was and red and orange as there were many of them. I assume it doesn't matter which one goes in each hole as long as it is the right color. Is this right as I do not wanna plug it back in and see smoke.

Thanks

Here is the 24 pin connector pinout: http://pinouts.ru/Power/atx_v2_pinout.shtml. Assuming your PSU wiring is ATX standard, it should not matter which pins you plug the eight black wires (or five red, or four orange) in to, as long as they are the right pin numbers for that color. They all go the same places in the PSU.

... unless it is some proprietary POS PSU.

Thank you very much. I wrote down and made sure they were the right colors but will double check to make sure and it is ATX standard.

Tim

Back