24v 1.2a dc transformer

synaps3

Gawd
I was given an LCD by a coworker, it only needs a power supply. The input on the LCD states DC 24V 1.2A, so I need a transformer to convert AC to that. I have found many for $30 + shipping, but it seems like they should be less than that. Anyone know where I can get one for cheap?

Thanks.

The BG Micro link says it is 24v AC, anyways the current is too high.

How sensitive are these things? I have a 24v 1.875A transformer... Would that work, or would it bust the LCD (it seems like it would break it, .675A seems like enough to bust an LCD)

I was just linking to the bgmicro site. As for amperage, your power supply can emit more amperage then the device is enabled for, it will only draw what it needs. Yours needs 1.2Amps, which is 1200mAh.

I have a bunch of 110v ac transformers to 24 volt output they have fork connections and you would have to work that part out I believe it supplies dc voltage out but I will have to check when I get home to be sure. If you want one I will give you one if you pay for shipping to your house. If you are interested let me know and I will verify the output voltage is dc not ac. These are brand new bought for a project and never did it.

MjrStryker said:
As for amperage, your power supply can emit more amperage then the device is enabled for, it will only draw what it needs.
So I would be fine if I used the 1.875amp 24volt transformer then?

synaps3 said:
So I would be fine if I used the 1.875amp 24volt transformer then?

yea you're fine.. the LCD will only pull what it needs..

you can have a 24V 100000 amp power supply.. that's the current maximum basically.. it doesn't mean the device will actully source 100000 amps

Back