24x Hard Drive Suppliers

kenny1921

n00b
i am planning on building a storage server using the Norco 4224 case and install 24x 2tb hard drives in it.

just wondering if anyone knows where i can get 24x 2tb drives because the supplier i normally use here in the UK would be charging me £1500 for 24 of them,

not to sure if i can get them cheaper from a wholesaler or something like that.

i dont have any preference on drive manufacturer.

What kind of storage server are you building? What OS are you using?

Your drive selection will be based upon what hardware and OS you are going to use, as well as its intended purpose.

I am not from the UK but 1500 Sterling for 24 drives sounds like not too bad of a price, assuming that 111.50 is a good price for a decent 2TB drive: http://www.ebuyer.com/248582-seagate-2tb-barracuda-internal-hard-drive-st2000dl003

I would recommend staying away from uber cheap 2TB drives though (like the WD Green drives), they tend not to work well in most types of RAID arrays without some fiddling (I am sure there are those that will strongly disagree with that statement).

not to sure on os as i am currently using windows home server at the moment and it would be built to store my hd films and stuff because at the moment the hd movies i have are around 10gb each.

all the drives would be in a raid array, not to sure which one yet probably a raid 6

For hard drives, it isn't considered wholesale until you're buying thousands at a time unfortunately, so I wouldn't really count on finding many discounts.

ah right then, fair enough. guess ill just have to look around and maybe see what discounts my supplier could offer for buying 24 of them.

thanks for your responses anyway guys. much appreciated

just a quick update, i found a website that has links to wholesalers so i sent them a message.

a few "apparent" wholesalers have just mailed me.

"Ok , i recommend you the following:

3TB :ST3000DM001 --------------33.3USD
2TB :ST2000DM001---------------27.58USD

For 24 pcs :

3TB:24x33.3=799.2usd

2TB: 24X27.58=661.92USD

If you need 12 pcs for each of them:

2TB(12pcs) ,3TB(12pcs) :12x33.3+12x27.58usd=730.56usd

We can send you for free shipping ,and send you by DHL ,it will take 3-5 days for you to get .

So ,could you tell me how many you need for each capacity ?

Best regards

Jason

2013/1/3 Kenny Edden <[email protected]>
hi again, i require either the 2tb seagate or 3tb seagate drives and would need 24 pieces so if you could please give me a quote for both individually with shipping included.

many thanks
kenny

Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 05:05:15 +0800

Subject: Re: price list of promotional Internal hard drives
To: [email protected]

Dear sir ,

Thanks for your reply,hope you have a nice day .

Terms of payment are T/T and western union ,which one you need ?

I want to know ,which capacity you need and how many for each ?

The MOQ is 10 pcs

Best regards

Jason

2013/1/3 Kenny Edden <[email protected]>
hi there, thank you for your email.

how do i buy the hard drives? what are your payment methods and what is the minimum quantity of drives i have to order?

many thanks
kenny

Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 03:06:16 +0800
Subject: Re:price list of promotional Internal hard drives
To: [email protected]

Dear Mr kenny edden ,

Pleased to know that you need Internal hard drives,this is Jason (Sales manager)from
ShenZhen Tengkang-Electronic Technology Co.,Ltd, which is offering competitve price and
high quality,All of our high quality products are certified CE (which certifies that a product has met European
Union (EU) health, safety, and environmental requirements, which ensure consumer safety)

and are Restriction of Hazardous Substances(RoHS) certified.
They are all original,and brand new, Every Wednesday you can get 10% discount .
Some prices of them:(More than 10 pcs , you can get anther one for free)
HD 4TB----------------40.32usd Seagate 3TB -------------------33.3usd
WD 2TB---------------22.65usd WD 1TB----------------------- 16.01usd
Seagate 500gb---------12.95usd WD 320GB-------------------10.01usd
More details ,pls check the attachment.
Delivery time: 3-5days Global Warranty: 3years

Phone Nm. : 86-755-33073524

Jason

--
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

--

--

another supplier

"Dear Mr kenny edden

This is Spring,the sale manager from SINGYING TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED, it's very nice to contact with you.

Our prices of internal hard drive as below

internal HDD Price(USD) MOQ
320GB 11 10
500GB 21 10
1TB 31 10
2TB 41 10

All price is subject on the final confirmation&#65292;and according your final order quantity.

More products like cpu,tablet pc,laptop,motherboard,3g-modem,ddr memory and etc. pls check http://www.singying.com

Thank u for your attention and interesting.

Best regards,

Spring

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

SINGYING TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED

MSN/Hotmail: [email protected]
Email&#65306; [email protected]
Telephone: +86-0755-034369
Mobile: 15627418369

dont know if they are legit because they only seem to accept payment through T/T MoneyGrab or Western Union.

if they are legit then happy days, could be a cheap supplier of hard disks as they claim to sell seagate drives at very good prices.

what do you guys think as i cannot seem to find any information except whois detials for the domain names.

many thanks
kenny

You sure. Lol. I was just about to buy like 40 hard drives. Heh. Oh wellz, somebody just buy one, and see if it ships. I need 20 drives aswell.

normaly such "smallish" bulk orders can get only retailer and smallish wholesaler discount, 5-15% tops
wholesalers need 10k+ (of drives) orders per quarter to even get direct line to manufacturer, anything else gets addons from numerous wholesalers in between you and your retailer, getting usable discounts is possible only when drives are overpriced and reduction in price is still profitable

Back