2560x1440 Samsung PLS Prices Dropping rapidly

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=2560x1440+Samsung+PLS&_sop=15

Sort by price, now down to $279, what's up with this, are 4k panels coming soon?

Either that or they ramped up production of them due to more demand. I was kinda hoping for 2880x1620 to pick up in popularity and become mainstream but that was just wishful thinking. With a 780 GTX I find that most games at 1440p are great, but if I were to be SLI it would be overkill (unless trying to get 120hz), a good balance would be 2880x1620 around 20% more pixels IMHO for more reason for SLI.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
These are all DVI-D only, no DisplayPort. With multimonitor getting more popular these screens lose a bit of their appeal since all AMD and most nVidia video cards have only 1 DVI-D port. It doesn't explain the price drop entirely, but I bet it is at least a small contribution.

These are all DVI-D only, no DisplayPort. With multimonitor getting more popular these screens lose a bit of their appeal since all AMD and most nVidia video cards have only 1 DVI-D port. It doesn't explain the price drop entirely, but I bet it is at least a small contribution.

That is incorrect, I run 2 of these on 1 of my GTX titan on the 2 DVI port just fine.

You actually can run 3 of them from one monitor. Most Nvidia cards can send 3 DL DVI signals out of one card. You do need an "active" display port adapter though. I do not think it is the fact that they are DVI only. In my case, I like the fact that my monitors have DVI only, it weighs less, it hass less input lag, less things that can go wrong with, and since I do not own or plan to use them with anything that can put out 1440p signal except my computer and for anything less than that I have the option of using a TV or another monitor instead of wasting a 1440p monitor with 1080p signal, not having an internal scalar is also a benefit. These are the highest performing monitors out there. Refresh rates are a tad bit lower than perfect 120hz'ers , input lag is very low, panel quality is great, monitors are light, vesa mountable, excellent viewing angles, all under $300.

Back