ReNeGaDe*

Limp Gawd
I have an Aopen SFF PC with the following specs:
EZ65 XCUBE
3.2GHz Pentium 4C (Northwood)
1gb Corsair Valueram
200GB WD Caviar SATA HDD
256mb generic ATI Radeon 9600 PRO

Now I installed windows xp and it worked fine. Then whenever I attempt to install any form of catalyst, it seems to die and BSOD me after the Windows XP loading bar screen. If I boot up in VGA mode it still works okay, although I haven't had a chance to test it with any games yet. I also tried putting my old 7200 All in wonder in to see if I had a naff card and that booted up with the drivers, but the screen became distoreted and the colours were messed up etc. I'll try it with my old Ti300 tomorrow to see if that makes a difference, but would anyone have any idea what is wrong here? I'm pretty sure ti isn't temps, as it is about 30-40 degrees inside the case. Also, it does the same with the case off. The person I'm building it for wants it by the end of the weekend and this is the final stumbling block for me so could anyone provide any help?
TIA
Parag

Alright I have now managed to stop it BSODing me everytime I boot up by using driver cleaner to eliminate any trace of catalyst. The problem now is that everytime I try to install an older version of catalyst, it gives me some stuff about no video driver detected and telling me to install one. Well that's useful then :rolleyes:
Also when I uninstall my card from device manager and then reboot, it detects it but then it is always unable to find some files either in the unpacked new catalyst files, old ones or ones that came with the card. This results in me being always stuck in vgasave, which isn't useful.
Any help guys?

Okay I've got it to install my card now, but I seem to be stuck on vgasave. Any suggestions on how to get out of vgasave?

You might want to check if your HSF is on the GPU. I have a similar card, and apparently my hsf did not have contact with the GPU. So I had the same results as you. So I just secured the HSF and fixed all problems...

Well it wouldn't even POST with my Ti300, but when i swapped the 9600 PRO for an identical one I bought for another build it worked fine, so I'm guessing it's a dodgy card. RMA here I come :(

I would also bet on it being a bad card. I have that card and have never had a problem

Back