26" Acer?

Hmm... it's not even up on Acer's site yet as far as specs go. At least we're finally getting into the +24" and below 30" range. All I need is a 27" LCD monitor with multiple inputs, 1:1 pixel mapping, 1080p without looking like crap, HDMI...

*sigh* It's going to be a while. I should probably just get a Westy 37" and be done with it but I don't need anything that big right now.

Yup that is what I did, I was debating 26 Acer or the Westy, waiting on the westy to arrive now, but I am sure i made the right choice :). Will post pics to the official thread here in a bit.

This is very interesting. The only possible panel this could be is one of those new A-TW H-IPS panels, the same one being used in the 26" NEC, and it's available now for a very reasonable price. The NEC will be more expensive due to the color-critical features, which the average user doesn't really need. I'll probably end up getting NEC instead, since I care about color accuracy, but I'm very interested to see how the Acer performs. This might be one of the nicest consumer monitors out there if they didn't screw anything up.

Looks nice....

hmm HP 30" or Acer 26".....or NEC 26".....

I wish the 26" had better native res... 1920x1200.meh.... im using a 20" lcd with 1600x1200 as it is and i think this res is nearly perfect for 20"....

Want more real estate on 26" damit.

good for gaming though for average consumer...as 1920x1200 is not all that hard to power for higher end graphics cards.

what to doooo what to .. do.

Looks nice, I would really like to know what type of panel as well. There aren't alot of connections on the back but for the money it is quite nice.

Seanmounce said:
I noticed it, and I want one. My 19inch somehow isn't enough anymore...

same here. i want something bigger for gaming but also i am about to start doing a lot of AutoCAD and a very large monitor would be very nice. i like this acer.

p-n-p said:
will one 8800gtx run this smoothly while playing games?
Games now, yes I think it will play them with at 30fps (min) with settings high but don't bank on it running Crysis like that :p

ToastyX said:
This is very interesting. The only possible panel this could be is one of those new A-TW H-IPS panels, the same one being used in the 26" NEC
What are you basing that on?

As far as I can see it could also be one of these panels:

AUO's 'M255UW01 V0' (P-MVA)
CMO's 'M260J1' (S-MVA)

Personally I doubt you'll get an LG Phillips 'LM260WU1' (A-TW IPS) for that money.

artmonkey said:
Games now, yes I think it will play them with at 30fps (min) with settings high but don't bank on it running Crysis like that :p
Good excuse to buy second GTX! :)

Hehe, indeed.

As long as Germany doesn't impose that 1 year jail sentence shenanigans for making/playing violent games law stupidity before they finish the game :confused:

artmonkey said:
What are you basing that on?

As far as I can see it could also be one of these panels:

AUO's 'M255UW01 V0' (P-MVA)
CMO's 'M260J1' (S-MVA)

Personally I doubt you'll get an LG Phillips 'LM260WU1' (A-TW IPS) for that money.
I thought that too, but I was unaware of those other panels. I'm not sure they're available yet, but if they are, it's most likely the P-MVA panel. The specs seem to match the LM260WU1 panel the most though, but specs can lie. :(

Oh well.

silentsammy said:
I didn't notice any posts on this, but I just saw this for sale on the Egg:

26" Acer LCD for $749

Any thoughts?
I just saw this as well, and gravely considered putting it into my Core2 Duo wish list...

However, I'm more inclined to check out the 37" Westinghouse...

Decisions Decisions......

has anyone tried this guy out? how does it compare to the 24's (most specifically the benq)...

Saw this at BestBuy(Canada) and man, the box is HUGE!! I still have my 24" Acer and with a 3 years warranty left. Wonder I should screw this 24 inch one up and have them replace it with the 26". :p Too bad no HDMI or else I would replace it right away. Still waiting for the one like the Benq with HDMI.

By the way, is it 5 or 6 or 8 ms???

wow.. nice large panel.. but my next upgrade will be to a 37" Westy 1080p.. full emersion gaming! :D

I don't like the lack of adjustability.. it would hard to get a center channel under it.. looks like anyways.

Good price on ncix canada!

Trying to decide on a LG or NEC 22in S-IPS vs. 26in S-IPS? for a similar price.
What is better for games in terms of image quality?
22in with 8xAA or 26in with no AA?

WickedWeasel said:

There arent any 22 inch S-IPS. Did you mean 24??

WickedWeasel said:

Why would you want to buy it there when you can pick one up at BestBuy or Futureshop?? You can't beat the warranty at Bestbuy or at Futureshop.

JVC said:
doesn't anyone don't like the design??
I like the thin bezel but the non-adjustable stand and generally plain styling kinda deflates the erection I get from the size of the screen. :D

edit- The NEC style "drop down" menu buttons don't do anything for me either..

WickedWeasel said:
Isn't the NEC 22in monitor going to be an S-IPS panel, or are all the 22in LCDs TN panels?

The 22 inch isn't slated until April but considering there is not 22 inch IPS panel in the works by LG-Phillips I would doubt it is possible

Back