Vertical Viewing Angle 160°
Optimum Resolution 1920 x 1200
Display Colors 16.7 M
Horizontal Freq. 30 - 81 kHz
Vertical Freq. 40 - 63 Hz
Bandwidth 166 MHz
Compatibility PC, MAC
Interface Analog D-Sub x 1, DVI,HDMI/HDCP

I am thinking with 5ms response and viewing agles this is a TN panel and the 16.7m colors is a typo.

Heck, I remember when 22" monitors were $599, and it was not long ago.

I bought my dual 19" stds for $299 each and it was a steal! That was like 2yrs ago :p

KDS has always been TN from what I remember...

Soyo has a 26" for $400 at office-max, looks like a TN too though, slightly better stats... and the MVA/TN 24" for $280...

All you TN complainers can just .... pay alot more. Unless you are doing professional graphics editing why do you need the PVA, MVA etc?

Don't most people sit right in front of their monitor (pre-empt viewing angle complaints)? I know I do, I use a cheap 24" Acer Tn ($400-ish) panel and have zero issues with it.

If I spent all day in Photoshop, then there might be an argument for a more precise color reproduction monitor, but the software and tools alone to calibrate it would cost more than most TN panels. :eek:

Unless you plan to hook up a console and play multiplayer games I find that viewing angles dont matter ever.

I am thinking with 5ms response and viewing agles this is a TN panel and the 16.7m colors is a typo.

And what super secret information, not back up by any website advertising or testing this monitor anywhere makes you think that?

All you TN complainers can just .... pay alot more. Unless you are doing professional graphics editing why do you need the PVA, MVA etc?

Don't most people sit right in front of their monitor (pre-empt viewing angle complaints)? I know I do, I use a cheap 24" Acer Tn ($400-ish) panel and have zero issues with it.

If I spent all day in Photoshop, then there might be an argument for a more precise color reproduction monitor, but the software and tools alone to calibrate it would cost more than most TN panels. :eek:

The color difference is clear between the two if you know what to look for at all. Even right in front of the screen, the sides, top and bottom, really everything but the center, suffer from the poor viewing angles of the TN panel screens. There's a drastic difference in quality side-by-side, let alone if you want to do anything else but computer use with them.

Have you used an MVA/PVA panel? I went from a TN Acer to the Soyo MVA and I noticed a big difference, the colors just look richer don't know how to explain it better than that. And yes I compared them side by side. Please don't try to compare TN and MVA/PVA/IPS unless you have actaully used a TN and an MVA/etc.

has anyone actually bought this monitor? they could shed some light on the subject.

I have the soyo MVA 24" and said "Acer" tn 24". The color on the soyo is night and day different. I have them both sitting next to each other, and had i known better at the time, i never would have bought the acer.

A friend of mine bought a 22" KDS recently and it was the worst looking picture I've ever seen. The entire screen had a redish tint to it that couldn't be adjusted out. Just a heads up.

KDS is crap, I know, we have several at our work place... delegated to use with server consoles we barely ever touch.

yeah dude i have an HP w2207 TN panel and I think it's perfect. Everyone that says TN sucks is just raged cause they paid more for a different panel.

TNs were ok...back in 2002. Now I have an IPS. The monitor is the most important part of the PC as far as I am concerned.

Back