26" LCD monitor or 32" 1080p LCD TV

fsong1169

n00b
Hi,

I have been waiting for Doublesight 26" for a while and looks like the wait is likely to continue. The reason I want to have 26" vs. 24" is that font is larger. Now I'm thinking about a 32" 1080p LCD. e.g., a Panasonic 32LZ800 with IPS panel should be good ?

BTW, mainly used for some photoshop work, web, some movies and very light gaming.

Thanks

I'm considering this too.. the exact panasonic TV. The only cons for a 1080p I found so far is.. larger pixels and the loss of approximately 200 pixels vertically. anyone else have any opinions on this?

same decision I am trying to make! I also want the bigger font, and struggle with lack of 1200 pixel height on the HDTV.

We could debate quality here all day, and some of the feature differences are obvious (USB hub on LCD, speakers and tuner on the HDTV) so here's some different logic...

I'm about to replace my 17" LCD... and when I do, what will I do with it? Answer, nothing, probably donate it.

If I buy an HDTV now instead of an LCD, then the next time I upgrade... I could put the screen to use in another room, extending the return on my investment :)

Just to convolute the decision even more, I'm considering the option of a high quality 19" (used in portrait mode for 1280 height, and it has bigger pixels), and then buy a second screen such as a 37" or 40" 720P HDTV. Total price will be about same as buying a a good 1080P 32". Unfortunately my Mac Mini doesn't do multimonitor, so I'd have to buy switch, etc.

I think I just need to buy the Toshiba 32RV530 and be done with this analysis paralysis :)

Hm, haven't thought about too much about the lost pixels in vertical space.

Since I only plan to use this as a monitor not a TV, I would stick to 1080p.

Just wonder how the IPS panel for LCD TV compare to monitor since I do plan to do a fair bit of photo processing.

Back