Brightness: 35
Contrast: 48
Color Setting: User
R: 100
G: 100
B: 90
Sharpness -2

may turn Gamma down a bit but looks good

I have to say that I am a little jealous, but UPS is also stopping by my house to drop off number two. Hopefully this one doesn't have a dead pixel in the center of it.

Just picked up the second monitor. This one also has a dead pixel but in the lower left hand corner. It's stuck on blue. It only shows up on black but it's almost unnoticeable. Looks almost like a speck of dust. If I sit at a normal distance anyway I can't see it at all.

It's a keeper so I am a happy person. Going to slap on the Colorvision spyder2express tonight to calibrate it.

Last edited:
Just picked up the second monitor. This one also has a dead pixel but in the lower left hand corner. It's stuck on blue. It only shows up on black but it's almost unnoticeable. Looks almost like a speck of dust. If I sit at a normal distance anyway I can't see it at all.

It's a keeper so I am a happy person. Going to slap on the Colorvision spyder2express tonight to calibrate it.

I need to pick myself up one of those ...having a hard time getting this calibrated by eye & using DVE :(

Do you see a major improvement using one on the HG ?
It might be just me being used to my old BenQ 20.1" it was a S-IPS screen

Just wanted to bump this thread to point out that Newegg has this monitor for $310 shipped now: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254026 (the $20-off promo code is listed in the item title). How are the owners still liking this monitor? I'm thinking about picking one up, but I'm concerned about Newegg's dead-pixel policy and the fact that this monitor uses a TN panel. I'd love to hear some more feedback.

Do you see a major improvement using one on the HG ?

Yes, I do see a major improvement but I don't like that I have to run the monitor with full brightness and contrast. That's the recommendation of the software. Seems to me that it will burn out the backlight faster always leaving it on full power.

Before I ran the calibration I thought I'd try out your settings and I was impressed. They are very close the calibrated settings. I did notice that your settings seem to be missing some blue tones.

Kalrith- I'd stay away from Newegg's monitors. It's worth the extra money to get it at Costco if you have a membership. Plus if you don't like it within 90 days you can return it for a full refund, including shipping, no questions asked.

just ordered one friday night,
I went with newegg at $309 shipped

risk, maybe. but I've only had one DOA chip form them in 5 years of ordering.

I'm hoping costcos will drop the shipping charges and make it $299.99 shipped :(

I don't think its worth it. Something is off with the picture on this screen to me. I would also suggest you get it from tigerdirect.com because they have a 30day money back guarantee and similar prices. Its under the I-Inc name and it doesn't have that annoying blue led on the bottom right hand corner. But I pretty much got all my stuff from newegg including the hanns monitor with the blue led. They let me return because it has some issues with older video cards and not turning back on when turned off but then again I had gotten a bunch of stuff from them within a few days. It works okay with newer card though. I wound up getting the new 120hz viewsonic VX2265wm from tigerdirect but it came in a beat up box and looked like it had been previously returned. I called them right away and they were ready to return without even questioning why. I tried that out for a few days and it burnt up (literally, started smoking) after being on 120hz for a few hours. So I wound up returning it, the stand was kinda weak anyway. That is one thing I liked about the hanns, it had a sturdy stand. After a few days without a new monitor, I had switch back to my 7 year old samsung syncmaster which I had been happy with all these years, I decided on the samsung T260HD. I again got it from tigerdirect but this time the box looked new and I'm pretty happy with it. I wouldn't suggest getting other stuff from tigerdirect (I haven't tried) but their monitor policy is pretty good.

I researched the I-Inc branded model before, and according to this review the power supply may not be as efficient. I ended up going with the HannsG. Note: on my HannsG unit, the base came separately in the box and I had to attach it to the monitor.

Hanns.G HG281DPB versus I-Inc iF-281DPB in one sentence: they appear to be the same exact display, with perhaps a slightly less efficient power supply on the I-Inc (it runs hotter) and a piano black (Hanns.G) vs. matte finish (I-Inc.) Otherwise, I can't find any other differences. (Well, the power LED is a circle with a G in it on the Hanns.G vs. a plain rectangle on the I-Inc, the base comes in the box separately on the I-Inc and you have to attach it with three allen screws (key included!) and the Vista "Certified" sticker is in a different place...)

The Hanns.G model I got ran quite a bit cooler than the I-Inc models. I noticed this shortly after powering them up. A quick scan of the manuals shows one difference in spec between the Hanns.G and I-Inc: power consumption of <=64.5w on the Hanns.G vs. <=100w on the I-Inc. The I-Inc aren't HOT per se, but the top edge (where the cooling vents are) measured 112F vs. an ambient of 68F.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Just got mine hooked up. Looks great with no backlight bleed or dead pixels. Loving that!

Did some gaming and no ghosting that I can see. I'm pumped. The thing is huge!

Brightness 40
Contrast 55
Color setting Nature (looked most natural to me)

just got mine in today,
one stuck pixel on the left side,
went away after about 15mins of general use.

couldn't be happier

IMG_1113.jpg

other monitor is my 22" viewsonic

Here is mine setup and running.

P.S. The C-clamps are to keep the keyboard tray from sliding when my driving wheel is attached:)

hanns.JPG

spent a few hours playing TF2, and L4D last night and I loved it.
this monitor is superior in every way to my 3 year old viewsonic
response time, color accuracy, contrast.

I had an overall 10% improvement in my kill/death ratio from last weeks average.
I'll have to see if the trend continues

I just got my Hanns-G 281DPB in today and hooked up. I was a little nervous about this but after reading many reviews and for the price of $309 from NewEgg decided to take the plunge.

I am happy to report I see no pixel problem and the monitor is great! To me this is a great value and glad I jumped on it. The screen is clear, bright and colors are great.

Anyone on the fence about this monitor, should go ahead and jump off the fence and get one. I joined this forum to post this because I read alot about this monitor from this forum and it helped me purchase it.

more pics pls...i need to be sold on this monitor...i need to upgrade my 30" lcd tv to real monitor

Anyone use this monitor as a display for Xbox 360? I want to get one just for my 360 but I've read that it won't do 1:1 pixel mapping. Is there another name for pixel mapping or is it gonna stretch to 16:10? If it does stretch, is it noticable?

Back