28" 1920x1200 Hanns-G LCD $240 FS (Newegg)

AjFreimuth

[H]ard|Gawd
28" (27.5) Hanns-G (1920x1200) LCD $269.99 - $30 (Code: EMCKCJH55) + Free Shipping = $239.99

If I hadn't gotten my current monitor I'd be all over this and if I hadn't bought a PS3 yesterday I might have gotten this still hah.

This is the lowest price I think I've seen for these new... Great all around monitor and 19x12 res is a super bonus.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254052

Last edited:
I wonder if this is improved over the older 28 inch design, as that was just average picture quality but great for the money. I would get this in a heartbeat if I actually had space on my desk for it.

Well, mine is 3 years of and still going strong. (Bought it back when it was still over $500 but have not regretted it at all.)

I have one of their old 28" monitors sitting around not being used. Sure, compared to my U3011 the picture quality is not that great, but overall its a fine monitor, and for the size you can't beat that price. Viewing angles suck though.

Yeah I got one for like $350 a couple of years ago and it has been running awesome.

def a good price

Yeah I almost got this instead of my HP LA2405wg... Same rez but my HP is a couple inches smaller.. It was also $290 when I bought it... Only reason I went with it was for the portrait mode.

warning, while they improved over the old hannspree model (the one I have) that panel has had issue (menus popping up for no reason and staying on screen)

and its newegg (newegg monitor policy sucks ass) so beware.

Props to the OP for finding a hell of a price on the screen though. Just keep in mind the above

Mine is working good, strapped to the server in the sig. Got replaced by 3 x 23.5" Asus IPS monitors, but for single monitor use, I think it actually kicks the IPS ass for gaming.

Costco has the Hannspree version of this with the built-in TV tuner for $250. Much better return policy and warranty support for those with Costco memberships.

warning, while they improved over the old hannspree model (the one I have) that panel has had issue (menus popping up for no reason and staying on screen)

Props to the OP for finding a hell of a price on the screen though. Just keep in mind the above

Luckily all 8 LCD's I've purchased for myself and other's from newegg since I've been building PC's have never had a single issue besides my last ACER with touch buttons the one arrow you had to press super hard to get to work but I never used the button so didn't care.

Let me tell ya...if there's even one dead pixel, I'm sending it back for a restock. 15% hurts less than staring at a dead pixel. I've been lucky..I just bought my fourth monitor in less than year...no dead pixels.

Mine is working good, strapped to the server in the sig. Got replaced by 3 x 23.5" Asus IPS monitors, but for single monitor use, I think it actually kicks the IPS ass for gaming.

Response time is polynomial on this monitor.

I also have the older version of this monitor. I have two issues with this monitor. First, the viewing angles are horrible. Second, I started having bad artifacting (the problem follows the monitor, not the video card), and am currently looking for a replacement. One other thing that some people may notice is that this monitor is 95W. To most people that probably wont matter, but I'm looking for something a bit lower now.

All in all, it has been a good gaming monitor with a desirable 1920x1200 res. And for the low price I think it's worth it as long as you're not completely anal about things (and sit up straight while viewing).

I second all the kind words. I've been using the older model for several years now and have had no problems whatsoever ! I highly recommend it, especially at that price, I paid I think $500 way back when !

A word of caution, the viewing angles are not the strongest suit of these monitors. Not a big deal for me, but might be for some.

I thought you meant that it was polynomial as in not constant or linear (like when you're talking algorithms).

It's almost more embarrassing to use the wrong word thanks to spell check than to just plain spell something wrong. :p

yes but whats funny is that I didn't have to ask what browser it was. FF does that to me a LOT.

Anyone with experience with upgrading from a 24" 19 x 12 to a 28" variant? I think I have *just* enough space on my desk to fit a 28". What negatives will I notice going from the Samsung in my signature to this?

Ooh, this might he hard to pass up.... Gaming on this monster? Yes please!

You might be able to find a good deal on an I-inc 28" which is the same thing in the classifieds.
wasntme.gif

Well, mine is 3 years of and still going strong. (Bought it back when it was still over $500 but have not regretted it at all.)

Same here. I gave right at $500 for mine and I don't regret it at all. If mine dies tomorrow I'll buy this and get a deal.

Just got this in today. It's not as good as the original. The stand is complete crap and it's way too bright, even at 0%. Still a decent deal though.

I downgraded from an Apple Cinema LED Display 27', to this. Damn didn't think the difference would be that great. But I guess you get use to it after a while. BTW its too bright like everybody says.

anyone vouch this is a great monitor?

Depends on what you mean by "great". For the price, you can't beat it. I use it for my primary at home, but I'm not a "monitor guy". I notice the difference between it and my MBP, but it doesn't bother me at all.

anyone vouch this is a great monitor?

For the price perhaps. And I'm not sure if I'd really go that far. I'm sure some people witll love it, and I'm happy for them. But it doesn't compare to any mid to highend monitors (even other TN panels).
If this means anything... I had one for two years and I just recently gave it to my friend and bought two Planar 27" PX2710MW models. There is a large difference in image quality. The one I gave away was also starting to exhibit some issues, but even when it was new it still didn't impress, except for the cost/size ratio.

Back