2800 hours and my Z2...the bulb..

Trepidati0n

[H]F Junkie
finally went poof. After about 400 hours of anime over christmas break...my venerable Z2 finally let its first bulb die. Ordered a new one. The bulb is dead...long live the bulb! I'm quite amazed because I had $305 in change from my collection technique (~$0.10/hour of viewing).

I'm fairly happy with the length of bulb life I got for the first one. Hopefully the second one lasts just as long. I'm just glad though I only looked for a replacement bulb; projector upgraditis is a very sick and horrible disease.

400 hours of anime over vacation?

Do you know what sunshine looks like?

i couldn't watch a minute of Anime without hitting myself....

so what is a Z2? how long are the bulbs supposed to last? how much are they to replace?

This reminds me that the bulb in my Sony LCD projection set is getting really close to 4000 hours.

I'm tempted to pop in the new bulb I have so I don't fuck up my 24 premiere and Superbowl viewings.

This reminds me that the bulb in my Sony LCD projection set is getting really close to 4000 hours.

I'm tempted to pop in the new bulb I have so I don't fuck up my 24 premiere and Superbowl viewings.

Order a spare and keep it on hand till the bulb you are using dies.

i also have a sanyo z2, but i'm very tempted to get the new z5.. the specs looks oo much better, but i wonder how that translates in real life..

Ya, hoping my Z2 will tide me over till 1080P projectors are more mainstream. That upgrade bug can be a real PIA, but i've been plenty satisfied in the meantime.

shit, alot of people have a Z2 :p... I also want a 1080P projector, but the problem is, my computer can't run games at 1900x1200 res :(

Back