2900 XTX benchmarks - when are they due out?

masaville

Limp Gawd
Curious to see how that 2900 XTX performs. Does anyone know when the 'official' benchmarks are coming out for the XTX?

If I had to take a guess the XTX will not be released until Crysis hits the shelves and even then I doubt AMD will figure out what has been plaqueing this card.

The R600 in all purposes was a victim of merger between two companies and a chip that was perhaps too audacious.

The merger had nothing to do with it. This chip has been in development for years (if I'm not mistaken it started with the xbox 360's xenos). The 3 month delay was because because of manufacturing problems. I going to quote something kyle said in the review thread.

I have reason to believe this is true simply because the HD 2900 overclocks so well.

Overclocks so well..only under phase change cooling lol.

If I had to take a guess the XTX will not be released until Crysis hits the shelves and even then I doubt AMD will figure out what has been plaqueing this card.

The R600 in all purposes was a victim of merger between two companies and a chip that was perhaps too audacious.

It looks like there will be no XTX at least not a higher clocked 2900XT as such. ATI have made statement that an XTX version would be pointless as people can just buy Crossfire.

This is of course a COMPLETE cop out, and if they released a XTX version it would still get its ass kicked by some GTS's which would be even more embarrassing for ATI imo.

Add to all this a higher clocked 2900XT is more power consumption and more heat for an architecture that already has heat and power issues.

Back