2900PRO Overclocking

bobrownik

Gawd
post your 2900pro 512/1gb overclocks here

include tools used, voltages, cooling, stable clocks achieved, temps, etc..

don't include useless stuff. like: windows version, amount of system ram harddrive space etc...

800Core, 900Memory. I got the sapphire 512MB version. Tops out at an insanely high 95C core temp, but the fan kicks into high gear and brings it down at 85 after that. Seems stable! no crashes yet.

I have not tried a higher clock speed yet because of the Temp. I don't know how high it will go.

Im happy to be at XT speed and this has already clocked higher than an XT. I'm happy!

I used both Riva Tuner and AMD GPU Tool, both worked fine. I didn't mess with any voltage setting or anything and I'm using the stock cooler. It sure does get loud, but thankfully it is loud white noise rather than a whine like some fans make.

using atitool see if you can set a fan profile that kicks the fan up a little at a time instead of the default way of kicking it after its molten

I did this with my x1900xt and the difference in temps with the same overclock was as much as 15c

Later i edited the bios to do it automatically.

example

45c - 50%

55 - 60%

60c -75%

65 - 85%

70 - 100%

I found this curbed max load temps alot on my x1900xt, before was 85c after was usually 70c max

when i get my 2900 this week i will post it, if i can manipulate the 2900 bios the same way i will probably just do it that way.

I had to hook up my old Maze4/Eheim 1250 watercooling setup to keep my 2900XT at a reasonable temp. It was idling at 62C with the fan on 100%!! Now it idles at 38C, load is 48-50C.

I had to hook up my old Maze4/Eheim 1250 watercooling setup to keep my 2900XT at a reasonable temp. It was idling at 62C with the fan on 100%!! Now it idles at 38C, load is 48-50C.

if your temps are that low mayhaps you should clock it at about twice the speed ;)

Mine is stable at much higher temps, you should not worry about 62C load!!!

what aftermakret cooler is there for the 2900pro?? i mean, this thing is a BEAST already.

I bought one for my brother, which is just oc'd to 2900xt speeds (roughly) with ati tool. (739/819) I'm not going to test how far it can go since I won't be near it to trouble shoot it. (will be shipping his system to tenn this weekend)

Just bought one for myself today, and I'm looking forward to playing with it. :D

i tried to push it a bit further and failed. 825/950 failed. so 800/900 is the sweet spot for my card.

what aftermakret cooler is there for the 2900pro?? i mean, this thing is a BEAST already.

Only aircooler I know of is the Thermalright HR-03. Costs about $50, but looks to be an awesome cooler (I"d expect no less from thermalright).

only one overclock so far?
800/900 overclock is ok, but not as good as the 2900xts overclocks,

so far it looks like the 2900pros are the rejected 2900xts

forgot to mention I'm running a 450W PSU. That could perhaps be limiting the overclock. I have had system reboots rather than just the machine locking sometimes with too high overclocks, and in my experience that usually means a power issue.

forgot to mention I'm running a 450W PSU. That could perhaps be limiting the overclock. I have had system reboots rather than just the machine locking sometimes with too high overclocks, and in my experience that usually means a power issue.

Yeah, I was on a good quality 550W and I had overclocking issues. you need a better power supply.

So far I've got mine up to 850/1000 Using Rivatuner 2.05. I've got it water cooled and under load it tops out about 45c. I'll see if I can take it higher when I get a little more time to play with it next week.

So far I've got mine up to 850/1000 Using Rivatuner 2.05. I've got it water cooled and under load it tops out about 45c. I'll see if I can take it higher when I get a little more time to play with it next week.

wow, 1000 on the ram? thats nice, 850 on the core with water cooling is weak though, i was hoping for a ~930 or so...

anyways nice temps, what block and rad are you using?

Yeah sweet clocks on the 2900pro's. I think ill get a Sapphire 2900 Pro and slap my thermalright HR-03 on it. I'll post my results when i get my card.

wow, 1000 on the ram? thats nice, 850 on the core with water cooling is weak though, i was hoping for a ~930 or so...

anyways nice temps, what block and rad are you using?

I'm not done on the core yet. When I go back on days off here later this week I'll see how high it will go. It got up to 850 fairly easily, haven't seen any signs of instability yet.

I am using a MCW60 block and MCR220 Rad.

I got mine today. Moved it to 847/891. Seems to be running fine. But I hear the fan getting a workout, and Atitool reports temps in the mid 70's C while running the artifact test for 10mins. Not sure if I'm gonna push it up much more. Maybe once cod4 is released :D

for those of you others that got the sapphire flavor.. anyone creeped out a little by the 'guy' on the back of the box? lol.

I don't see the 2900PRO cards on newegg anymore. Did they clear out inventory for something else that's coming soon?

looks like theyre gone -.^ It was said they'd be released in a very limited qty.

will these over clocks void my warranty? I know that if you use ATI tool, they warn you if you start using their OC tools, it voids the warranty. I am thinking of upgrading from my ATI - see sig to a 2900 pro...

Back