2x 24" 19x12 video card?

Dextar

Gawd
Alright so I recently got a second dell ultrasharp 24" monitor and I've noticed in games that I'm getting quite a bit of lag and I have to lower my settings to not get lag or graphic errors in WoW. I currently have a 460 1GB sli setup and I'm looking at getting a replacement card but I want a high end card that can run all the new upcoming games at 1920x1200 resolution at ultra settings.

I was thinking about getting a 7970 but I've never had an AMD card and I wanted to wait for Kepler but honestly I'm not sure I can wait 6+ months for the flagship card.

What do you all think? I use the main monitor for gaming and generally run in fullscreen maximized so I can mouse over and browse the web or do other things on the second monitor (no gaming but some videos from netflix and stuff).

(My current system setup is i7 2700k, 16gb ram and a 240gb SSD and 850w PS)

pretty sure a single 460 should be able to play WoW maxed out even with dx11 let alone 2 in SLI.. so there might be something else causing an issue.

Like sirmonkey said, theres probably a problem with the 460s as they should have no issues for what your doing

but as for upgrading

For a single screen at that res a 7970 will max basically everything there is.
I came from sli 570s, to a single 7970 running 1080p eyefinity and cant be happier.
I was afraid moving to amd drivers would be a pain, but instead its been painless.

I thought the same thing with the cards but I ran furmark for 7 hours and not a single problem or crash.. I'm not sure how else I can test each card.

Back