2x support for PentiumD 820 ?

Zerox20

n00b
I will be coming into 2, Pentium D 820's Processor, I was looking everywhere for a 2 x DUAL CORE board, I have found nothing!

Do these boards not exist? I am getting the processor for 200 dollars total, so I please dont' tell me to go AMD hehe, if I could afford it, I would! I will be replacing my Pentium 4 550 chip with the dual core chip.

I am just wondering if there is any motherboard that can support 2 of these processors at once.

So far I've found just ones that can support one of them.

There are no boards that will do dual processors on P4, only Xeons will do dual processors now.

Well, I am looking to find a board that can overclock and has pretty good options. I have an ATI PCI-E card, so I am not looking for any SLI stuff.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

The Asus P5WD2 premium is generally regarded as the best of the intel boards. I wished I would have bought that one as apposed to the board I really got.

therapist said:
The Asus P5WD2 premium is generally regarded as the best of the intel boards. I wished I would have bought that one as apposed to the board I really got.
As of right now, the P5WD2 is the best 955X mobo out there, and the best for all Pentium D and EE processors.

How does the AW8-Max fare? Abit has a good track record with P4 boards.

Curious on how this board fairs. I can get this board very cheap through, would it be better then the ASUS board perhaps?

Zerox20 said:
Curious on how this board fairs. I can get this board very cheap through, would it be better then the ASUS board perhaps?

You wont be able to OC on the D945PSN, and since that seems to be your priority, it's not recommended...

Back