2x74gb vs 2x150gb raptor in RAID 0, big difference?

Camaroz06

Gawd
Hello all,
I have just bought 2 74gb raptors, the newer model, and was wondering something. Should I return these and go get 2 150gb raptors instead? I am planning a RAID 0 array. Are the newer 150gb raptors better, eg faster loads, then the 74gb raptors in RAID 0 is the difference not a big one?

Thanks
Eddie

The new 16mb cache 74gb raptors perform the same as the 150s.

but raptors are slower in RAID 0 than on their own

<insert pic of "open a can of worms">
Does this apply to other harddrives as well or only raptors? Which experimental results do you base this statement on?

Dunno about a big difference but the 150's will definitely be a bit faster because of the higher density platter. The 74 is essentially the same drive that was released back in 2004 but with 16 MB cash, support for NCQ and a SATA interface.

Dunno about a big difference but the 150's will definitely be a bit faster because of the higher density platter. The 74 is essentially the same drive that was released back in 2004 but with 16 MB cash, support for NCQ and a SATA interface.
Actually, the 150 has 4 platters and the 74 has 2 platters.

Thanks for that link, does anyone know of any that show the 74gb vs the 150gb in RAID 0? That one just shows the 150gb, I havent been able to find any that show the newer 74gb vs the newer 150gb in RAID 0.

Back