3.6ghz reading 2.8 in cpu-z and everest?

comedy

n00b
Hey guys. I just noticed that in cpu-z and everest it says my processor is running at 2800mhz even though it is a 3.6ghz. Is this something i should worry about, or is it just a sensor glitch? I've included some screenshots below of both programs

Your multiplier needs to be at 18, not 14. Check in your bios if you have any options to change it. In my Asus motherboard there is an enable/disable option to change the multiplier speed from 17 to 14. So if you have an Asus mobo, I think yours might be enabled and you need to disable it.

either your in the lock free mode on ur mobo if its an Asus mobo
or ur board has EIST enabled which is showing u the slower 14x multi
just open up a prog like cpu burn-in or something and hten run cpu-z or everest
if the speed goes up to 3.6ghz ur fine and its cuz ur system is idling therefore full speed is not needed

That's a good thing. You're running a 560J, just like I am, and although it doesn't support EIST like the 6xx series do it supports the C1E halt state (due to being an E0 rev). When the cpu is at idle it drops the multiplier to 14x and lowers the voltage to reduce power consumption. While cpu-z is open, do a super-pi run or something. you'll see the cpu speed pop up to 3.6ghz like it should.

You don't have anything set wrong and it has nothing to do with asus mobos...it's just a power saving feature.

Sweet, it was just cause it is idling like you guys said. I was kinda worried there for a second, thanks guys :D

Eva_Unit_0 said:
That's a good thing. You're running a 560J, just like I am, and although it doesn't support EIST like the 6xx series do it supports the C1E halt state (due to being an E0 rev). When the cpu is at idle it drops the multiplier to 14x and lowers the voltage to reduce power consumption. While cpu-z is open, do a super-pi run or something. you'll see the cpu speed pop up to 3.6ghz like it should.

You don't have anything set wrong and it has nothing to do with asus mobos...it's just a power saving feature.

i was under the impression that the 550 and up were all EIST enabled?

edit: nm i found out that it is cuz of the C1E halt state

Back