3 different 120mm fans...how to arrange?

koretex

[H]ard|Gawd
Alright Here is my setup...

front intake = Vantec Thermoflow 120mm (temp controlled)
1300-2200 RPM
54.3-92 CFM
29-39 dB

CPU = Scythe S-Flex 120mm (Thermalright ultra extreme 120 heatsink btw w/ my Q6600 running at 3.0GHz)
1600 RPM
63.7 CFM
28.0 dBA

rear exhaust = Antec tri cool
1200/1600/2000 RPM
39/56/79 CFM
25/28/30 dBA

and the 140mm exhaust that is in my new Corsair PSU...it is temp controlled.

Should I rearrange these things? I really don't know that much about airflow and fans. I know I can always rearrange and constantly check temps, but to be honest the way I have my PC in my desk it is a huge pain to take out and put back in its hole :)

I'm not sure on a temp controlled fan where the best spot would be for it. Fan sound isn't an issue for me as I keep the Antec on high and I keep my 9800GTX at 80% in windows and 100% when gaming and it is louder than all the other fans anyway so I would rather just keep all my 120's going at 100%, 100% of the time.

I was thinking of putting the Antec on the CPU and leave it on high, and putting the Vantec on the rear so I would have both exhaust fans temp controlled, and putting the Scythe up front for my intake...how does this sound to you guys in the know?

since you got 1 intake, 1 outtake, and 1 heatsink. keep the scythe on the HS and the vantec in the front

and buy another 120, probably the scythe, for the rear exhaust. the 140mm in the psu isnt meant to exhaust all of the cpu heat as well as the psu heat

I would suggest having the vantec at the rear (warmer case air to be exhausted). The Scythe can stay on the heatsink and the Antec Tri-cool should be the intake. Intakes should be able to move around the same amount of air as the exhausts are pulling, partially because they are responsible for pulling in cool air.

since you got 1 intake, 1 outtake, and 1 heatsink. keep the scythe on the HS and the vantec in the front

and buy another 120, probably the scythe, for the rear exhaust. the 140mm in the psu isnt meant to exhaust all of the cpu heat as well as the psu heat

Ive already got an exhaust

I would suggest having the vantec at the rear (warmer case air to be exhausted). The Scythe can stay on the heatsink and the Antec Tri-cool should be the intake. Intakes should be able to move around the same amount of air as the exhausts are pulling, partially because they are responsible for pulling in cool air.

good point, and is that what the Antec is called "tri cool"? It is dead silent on low but man on high it is not, but it sure does push the air on high! I was thinking the same thing about the temp control fan in the back....thanks for your input!

Yeah the name Tri-cool comes from the fact that the fans have three modes, low, medium and high.

The Vantec Thermoflow is a thermally controlled fan, from what I have read. I would keep it at the rear of the case as it will speed up and slow down as it determines the inside of the case is getting too warm.

And from experience with the Tri-Cool fans, I would run them on mid at best, maybe even low if you dont like the noise. I had four in a P-180B and ran the lower HDD 120mm and the rear 120mm at med and the blow hole 120mm and the mid front 120mm on low, to reduce the noise I heard. It worked out quite nicely.

Back