3 Year Old Accidentally Subscribes To XBL

HardOCP News

[H] News
What happens when your kid picks up a controller and presses the A button repeatedly? You end up buying stuff you didn’t want off Xbox Live. Luckily for this couple, Microsoft issued a full refund.

"So it seems that my son turned on the Xbox with the controller, tapped the A button 3 times, and spent forty bucks," says Mike. "This is completely understandable since he knows how to turn it on, and the green button is about the only one he ever pushes when pretending to play games."

When my son was 18 months he managed to input the correct sequence button presses to order a PPV movie from Comcast. It really isn't that easy to do since you have to go through multiple menus, he just got it via dumb luck apparantely.

Getting them to refund the movie was a real hassle. The worst part though was they said they couldnt' flat block all PPV purchases for my account (since we never use it). They don't even allow setting a pin or anything at a blanket level, you need to do it idividually for each channel that something can be ordered on for each cable box in the house.

What a PITA.

My buddy's 2-yr-old nephews did this to me... I had my CC in his 360 and they were playing with SceneIt controllers. Needless to say, my friend bought some game for $15, but I was cool with it, shit happens :p

My friends 5 year old was playing with my 360 controller while the TV was off and ended up buying $60 worth of MS points.

Wow... have times have changed. Kids have gone from flushing down stuff in the toilets to purchasing stuff online! :D

Wow... have times have changed. Kids have gone from flushing down stuff in the toilets to purchasing stuff online! :D

Times haven't changed that much, my neighbors' kid still flushes shit down the toilet ALL THE TIME. The action figures are not that bad, but the right sized ball or a sock and it's game over man!

Times haven't changed that much, my neighbors' kid still flushes shit down the toilet ALL THE TIME. The action figures are not that bad, but the right sized ball or a sock and it's game over man!

when I was little I flushed an entire bag of uncooked rice down the toilet. LOL. Parents were not happy.

As for the XBL thing, damn glad I don't have kids.

when I was little I flushed an entire bag of uncooked rice down the toilet. LOL. Parents were not happy.

Don't save your credit card online and you are fine.

This is like the kid that purchased a tractor on ebay as his parents had it auto login and then had their credit card info saved.

Don't save your credit card online and you are fine.

This is like the kid that purchased a tractor on ebay as his parents had it auto login and then had their credit card info saved.
You don't even need to avoid the convenience of attaching your credit card to your XBL account. You can just turn off the XBL auto sign-in (IIRC, it's off by default) and secure it with a button sequence. In fact, it's advisable in any case if only to prevent someone who steals the Xbox or hard drive from accessing your account.

I tried to flush an entire milk crate of dress shoes down the toilet once. I must have blacked out and did it because all I can remember is being at the toilet noticing I tried to flush some dress shoes and was like "Why am I doing this?"

I tried to flush an entire milk crate of dress shoes down the toilet once. I must have blacked out and did it because all I can remember is being at the toilet noticing I tried to flush some dress shoes and was like "Why am I doing this?"

was this last night?

You don't even need to avoid the convenience of attaching your credit card to your XBL account. You can just turn off the XBL auto sign-in (IIRC, it's off by default) and secure it with a button sequence. In fact, it's advisable in any case if only to prevent someone who steals the Xbox or hard drive from accessing your account.

This.

My cousin's son managed to order about $50 worth of Microsoft points on his Xbox Live account when he was only 1 year old. He had already learned how to turn on the Xbox and log in by himself. He didn't bother trying to get the money refunded, he just used them to buy a bunch of small games like Castle Crashers.

That also. I just meant for the people bitching about how this is why you shouldn't be able to buy stuff so easily and have it charge your credit card.

Although they will probably bitch that they can't log in when drunk or on drugs if you make them have to enter a code in every time.

lol my four year old brother plays 360 all the time and know how to set up games and handle them correctly, good thing we use prepaid live cards and never use cc on it.

I only use prepaid cards for both the xbox and itunes store, much better.

lmao, that has to be the story of my youth...when I pulled the wall paper off a wall, it was just like why did I do this? same thing when I broke the antenna off my nieghbors Benz and peed in the fireplace that time....must have seemed like a good idea at the time though :D

Back