30" cinema, 24" nec 2490wuxi, or 27" IMac?

crogers

Weaksauce
The 30" cinema is a older monitor but it still is great and meets SWOP requirements.
I can go refurbished 1 year warranty for $1389 delivered. I would probably add 2 year apple care too. another $200

Or NEC 2490wuxi for $1100 delivered 4 year warranty.

Or go for the 27" glossy Imac quad $2200. IPS panel is all I know. Apple does not give out much info on this panel. i year. then need apple care..

I know I am driving you people nuts..

You need to specify your requirements. How do we know what your using it for before we can make a valid recommendation?

What are you using this for? IPS panels usually appeal to graphics guys who would laugh a glossy panel right off it's stand.

Ok, I shoot weddings, need it for processing images in PS to color match prints.
I have MBP now that can run all the above monitors and has enough processing power to do a decent job.

Where are you buying the 2490 with 4 year warranty? Everywhere I've looked it's sold out.

FWIW, I'd get the 2490wuxi definitely. Glossy screens are not the best for photography as they up the contrast and make things look better than they actually are.

there are a number of places in the States that still sell them.
$1100 delivered.

Do you know that, in four days, you have started five threads asking the same question? Not counting the other threads you asked the question in.

I would definitely go with the 27" iMac, I bought mine a couple of weeks ago, you will not find a better deal any where, and the quality is #@!@#$% amazing!!

The 30" cinema is a older monitor but it still is great and meets SWOP requirements.
I can go refurbished 1 year warranty for $1389 delivered. I would probably add 2 year apple care too. another $200

Or NEC 2490wuxi for $1100 delivered 4 year warranty.

Or go for the 27" glossy Imac quad $2200. IPS panel is all I know. Apple does not give out much info on this panel. i year. then need apple care..

I know I am driving you people nuts..
i was in the exact same situation a couple months ago... came down to the nec wuxi, apple acd, dell u2410, Eizo's basically... i was only interested in ips panels due to the nature of my work. I decided against buying a refurb, so the 30" ACD was out for me. the WUXI price and warranty was great, great reviews as well. the 27" imac is just too expensive same with the Eizo's, but i ended up going with a 24" ACD with an Atlona dvi to mdp powered adapter. I can't tell you how happy i am with this monitor, worth all the waiting i had to do and certainly every penny spent. yes the glossy is slightly annoying at times( its no more reflection then i get off of my 46" LCD TV), but does not outweigh the colors and clarity this thing gives out of the box... I love this thing.

here's my thread in case your interested in reading it:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1461337

i was in the exact same situation a couple months ago... came down to the nec wuxi, apple acd, dell u2410, Eizo's basically... i was only interested in ips panels due to the nature of my work. I decided against buying a refurb, so the 30" ACD was out for me. the WUXI price and warranty was great, great reviews as well. the 27" imac is just too expensive same with the Eizo's, but i ended up going with a 24" ACD with an Atlona dvi to mdp powered adapter. I can't tell you how happy i am with this monitor, worth all the waiting i had to do and certainly every penny spent. yes the glossy is slightly annoying at times( its no more reflection then i get off of my 46" LCD TV), but does not outweigh the colors and clarity this thing gives out of the box... I love this thing.

here's my thread in case your interested in reading it:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1461337
I went through your thread. Glad you are happy with you monitor. I almost thought of getting one until I found I would need that adapter for $150. I said forget it.
I was going that route with the glossy monitor then it's a no brainer to get the IMac 27"

I can't believe that other person is going to send back 4 2490 monitors.
What's the deal with that? I thought NEC 2490 was one of the best?

using an imac 27" as a monitor is an interesting idea, as long as your other computer has mini-displayport output.. however the imac does not sleep when used as a monitor so you'd be running two computers constantly

1 yr. refurb. for a 30" is $1389? You are kidding. A new Samsung 30" is only $1500 to $1600. Who's going to buy the refurb.?

1 yr. refurb. for a 30" is $1389? You are kidding. A new Samsung 30" is only $1500 to $1600. Who's going to buy the refurb.?

I don't think you know much about the 30" apple, it's in another class. It is certified for SWOP standards. It is a super accurate display for getting accurate prints which is my goal.

I can get a new one for $1679 which, your are right is stupid to get a refurbished one.

Who has the NEC 2490wuxi and or the nec 2490wuxi2?

I would prefer to get away a bit cheaper so I can pick up a older 2490wuxi for $1100 but I read of one person here who had 4 of them and sent them back???
So can I get some more info on this model?

I have read tons of peoples reviews on the 30" cinema and 99% 5 star!!!

Who has the NEC 2490wuxi and or the nec 2490wuxi2?

I would prefer to get away a bit cheaper so I can pick up a older 2490wuxi for $1100 but I read of one person here who had 4 of them and sent them back???
So can I get some more info on this model?

I have read tons of peoples reviews on the 30" cinema and 99% 5 star!!!

There's a huge thread about the 2490, currently residing on page three
NEC 2490WUXi - The Full Story
by albovin
12-22-2009 02:01 AM
by nomu Go to last post
385 59,031
I don't know what more info you want.

Of course there are always copies of a product (pardon my english, but that's what the dictionary said, specimen doesn't seem quite right here?!) that are flawed, but it's impossible for anyone of us to know in what condition the 2490 you order will be.

"Peoples reviews" should be taken with a grain of salt, many users don't have that much experience with similar monitors and many would like to think that the product they just bought is great when it's in fact mediocre or average.
And then there are those who got a bad sample (sample, is that the word I should've used?) and really like to thrash the product as much as possible.

Do yourself a favor and buy a original 2490. If it doesn't meet your standards, exchange it, if you're not completely happy with nr.2, well, maybe you should try a Cinema Display then.

thanks for the info.
I know there is a thread on the 2490.

I am having trouble finding one.
I wish the newer version was just as good for $831 instead of $1130, but it has a eh-ips panel and I guess no polarizer too. Plus I could buy it at a good dealer like B&H which will take the monitor back if there is a problem. They have a discontinued on the wuxi model.

I can find it but to me, not one of the better dealers.

Just tried finding a 2490wuxi, which I thought they were available, no luck..

I don't know if these E stores will get more in or not. If they are not making them anymore I wonder where they would get them from.

Now what are my options??

Well you can get them on Amazon warehouse but they're used or refurbished for the same price as new. I think NEC will still honor the warranty though, and replace it if they're bad. Dunno, have to call NEC.

Well you can get them on Amazon warehouse but they're used or refurbished for the same price as new. I think NEC will still honor the warranty though, and replace it if they're bad. Dunno, have to call NEC.

Not thanks. I want a new one.
Am I the only idiot who prefers a good srgb only monitor?

I spent quite some time checking through online dealers listed on NEC's site.

Anyway, what I found was the bundle with Spectraview, but it's in some central warehouse, might be returned units, who knows...

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=1187143
http://www.pcmall.com/p/NEC-Displays-Monitors/product~dpno~7199151~pdp.eagehjc

Availability? - Call us

If you don't mind going smaller there's always the 2090UXi, but the revision sold now of course misses the A-TW-polarizer.
And then you have Eizo with their Coloredge series, they're wide gamut but can emulate sRGB perfectly. Costs a lot though.

I spent quite some time checking through online dealers listed on NEC's site.

Anyway, what I found was the bundle with Spectraview, but it's in some central warehouse, might be returned units, who knows...

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=1187143
http://www.pcmall.com/p/NEC-Displays-Monitors/product~dpno~7199151~pdp.eagehjc

Availability? - Call us

If you don't mind going smaller there's always the 2090UXi, but the revision sold now of course misses the A-TW-polarizer.
And then you have Eizo with their Coloredge series, they're wide gamut but can emulate sRGB perfectly. Costs a lot though.

Thanks for the work. I never saw those.
I have a puck so I was just hoping to buy the software for the spectraview system.

I would like it to be around $1100, then again if I buy their software it adds another $100 so I am at $1200.. oh well

Back