30% off cupon "hack"

picked up a hefty handful of the 30% coupons at the Beavercreek, OH BB. If anyone wants one let me know and we'll try and work something out.

Maverick618 said:
picked up a hefty handful of the 30% coupons at the Beavercreek, OH BB. If anyone wants one let me know and we'll try and work something out.

Oh man, did you leave any there? I'm heading to Dayton this weekend from Columbus and was planning on stopping by there on my way past!

I only grabbed some from one of the boxes, and there were 3 or 4 boxes in the laptop section. You might have some luck. If not let me know.

Vile said:
IIRC PM on software should work fine, so long as:
1. It's not from a place like Costco, Sams, etc,
2. they are not using MIRs to get the price down
3. they have the item in stock, it's not a price mistake.

And the managers can override a decision about PM. It really depends on the managers at the store. Technically BB doesnt' price match online, but some managers have done this at my store just to stop a sale from being lost, so it depends on the managers.

that's what I thought. Pretty dumb move on her part. I bought stuff at BB all the time and in the 20 months since, I've bought 2 things: a UPS that was 45% off and some DL dvds, because in this area, they were the only place that sold DL Verbatims and they too were on sale.

I was so pissed, I almost went back to the TV section to ask HD buyers if they knew that if Fry's had a better price BB wouldn't price match.

Their loss....now if I can figure out how to make them lose money with these 30% off coupons I picked up today.

There were several stacks of these coupons but I did not see even 1 that didn't have the numbers next to the copyright.

Perhaps the local BB took these away, or some greedy person took them all already.

Worked. Didn't see the whole color difference thing. Picked them up on 1604 location in San Antonio Texas. I searched by the numbers next to the copyright. Some boxes had none. But when I did find them, they were all in the BACK of the box.
In the camera section, laptop section, in front of customer service, next to the tvs. The boxes are everywhere.

PS In the tv section, the 30% off coupons were stuffed in the back of the box upside down with the copyright facing the front. Possibly because the coupons with higher value were shipped seperatly?

Also Hot is T2 Extreme DVD is on sale for 3.99 til saturday. Picked one of those up. :D

Success!

I went over because my friend wanted to check out some new albums and movies that Best Buy got in stock (they update inventory every Tuesday) and before going showed him this link.

A few weeks back I had purchased the Westinghouse 22" LCD when it was on sale for $350 down from $399. I literally just stood there and looked through 3 entire coupon boxes (all over the store) before I found two. They were slightly darker in gold tint and had no serial number to the left of the small print on the back. It is like a little booklet, on the inside there are three places to tear, the 30% discount is on the right – but it doesn’t matter really, you can rip them all.

After finding them I walked over to customer service where three nice young ladies looked over the coupon briefly, and after inputting some info from my receipt into the computer they manually gave me the discount, sending the balance back to my credit card!

They didn’t use the discounted price (that I paid) to calculate the 30% either! They used the full amount, all told after figuring in the $50 gift card I had the 22” Westinghouse was purchased for just $180! Now that is the way to buy!

Awesome tip, thanks! Go try it!

I didn't have the gall to stand there and sort through the boxes like Jerry above me did, so I roamed the store for a while and took a random sampling from different spots in different boxes....no luck on the 30% :(

15% still isn't bad, but obviously it's only half the discount.

I went back today trying to buy a TV. The 30% was out of the question, it became obvious, very quickly. I just could not make the case that a 40" Samsung LCD was in actuality a computer accessory.

Now on the 30% coupon there is also 20% off appliances like "TV DVDs." I did the natural thing and made the case that although "TV," and "DVDs," were presented next to each other, they were really two different categories because "TV DVDs" makes no sense and at best would be redundant. They fell for this ploy; however there wasn't a sale :(

Why? As they were reading the fine print on the top they came across the phrase, "Applies to regularly priced CDs and TV DVDs." All of Best Buy's TVs (save for a few of the smaller ones) are on sale this month, so they wouldn't do it.

I realized while driving out of the parking lot that I could have asked them to charge the price full and then deduct the benefit of this coupon instead of the discount they already had on it, and then later go to customer service and say, "woops you forgot to include the sales price." This may work, and I leave it up to you to try out.

I am planning on heading back to try one more time when some of the girls who discounted my monitor are back working the registers, I'll update again then!

I went back today, and had better luck than last time. The ones I found were in the digital camera department, and I had to sort through most of the stack, until I found about 5 of the non-numbered slips. I took 3 of them :)
I can't see any coloring differences though.

I had no luck with the BFG 7900GT at two different local BB's. I was told by both places that computer accessories include things like mouse pads and usb cables...and that's basically it. I might have to try a different city I guess. Can anyone else in Ohio point me in the direction of a store that this has worked at? Both the N. Fairfield and Dayton Mall stores here in Dayton were rude in denying me. I might try a router sometime soon, now that I've already bought a different video card.

The 20% coupon works on satellite radio hardware, which is really cool if you're interested in getting set up with that.

Maverick618 said:
I had no luck with the BFG 7900GT at two different local BB's. I was told by both places that computer accessories include things like mouse pads and usb cables...and that's basically it. I might have to try a different city I guess. Can anyone else in Ohio point me in the direction of a store that this has worked at? Both the N. Fairfield and Dayton Mall stores here in Dayton were rude in denying me. I might try a router sometime soon, now that I've already bought a different video card.

The 20% coupon works on satellite radio hardware, which is really cool if you're interested in getting set up with that.
If you can convince them to apply the 30% to a UPS that's on sale...that's a good deal.

Maverick618 said:
I had no luck with the BFG 7900GT at two different local BB's. I was told by both places that computer accessories include things like mouse pads and usb cables...and that's basically it.

What's interesting is that mice & keyboards are listed on the other coupon, even though I would consider them a computer accessory. The catch is that coupons don't clearly state what is included or excluded leaving it up to interpretation.

One option is to go when the store is busy. I went during lunch. While waiting at the check-out a long line built up behind me. I think one of the main reason the manager approved the over-ride was just to get my out the door so they could get to the next customer. They were even calling over several cashiers to open registers to help out.

Another option is to buy multiple items. In my case, I was also getting a UPS and coupon first applied the UPS that is on sale (there goes the only applies to regular priced items line). So, when I asked that they apply it to the 7900GT they couldn't say it doesn't apply because it's on sale. And since I had already been told by a sales person that the coupon could be applied to graphics cards, there really wasn't much they could do.

So, what worked for me:
1. Go when they are busy
2. Ask first, preferably someone that is busy
3. Buy multiple items
4. Try to checkout when everyone else is
5. Be polite

There seem to be many 30% coupons on ebay.

Are these the same coupons as talked about in this thread?

Starfox said:
There seem to be many 30% coupons on ebay.

Are these the same coupons as talked about in this thread?

yes yes they are

Farseer said:
Another option is to buy multiple items. In my case, I was also getting a UPS and coupon first applied the UPS that is on sale (there goes the only applies to regular priced items line).
Which UPS did you buy? The Cyberpower 1200 is something like $85.99....did you get it for like $60? :eek:
I need a UPS also

jebo_4jc said:
Which UPS did you buy? The Cyberpower 1200 is something like $85.99....did you get it for like $60? :eek:
I need a UPS also

Yep! Actually it rang up for $58 with the coupon. But, since I could use the coupon on only one item I chose the 7900GT instead. Never-the-less, the coupon works just fine on the already on-sale UPSs, no over-ride needed.

Farseer said:
Yep! Actually it rang up for $58 with the coupon. But, since I could use the coupon on only one item I chose the 7900GT instead. Never-the-less, the coupon works just fine on the already on-sale UPSs, no over-ride needed.

Hmm...I need to get up to BB and buy one, then return it with my receipt from last month....nothing wrong with saving some cash.

So how much faster is a 7900gt vs an x800xl? (no I must not upgrade until DX10...I must not upgrade until DX10 :mad: )

Farseer said:
I don't exactly understand how this works with the UPS....aren't the coupons only supposed to be used on items > $100?

jebo_4jc said:
I don't exactly understand how this works with the UPS....aren't the coupons only supposed to be used on items > $100?

Alright heres the deal, these coupons are OPEN TO INTERPRATION.

What these coupons do is take 30% off ANYTHING that the manager approves

You are correct, just picked up an audigy four with the 30%. She tried giving me the 10% off but I said, no I'd already used one to buy a monitor so I'd only take the 30% (I was very polite however). She said she'd check, pulled over a manager. The manager looked it over and said "I don't think this applies to internal hardware." I told him that on the website you can get to video/sound cards through the accessories sections (which is true). He said then allowed the cashier to check me out.

Now, I know Newegg has them for less, but I didn't want to wait and didn't want to deal with another mail in rebate.

Oh by the way the card's original price is something like $88 so, yes, you can use these coupons on less than $100 purchases, if you find the right people.

So, if I am following this right, I could talk a manager/cashier into letting me pay 104$-/+ for a New Raptor?

Anything know how often BestBuy updates what video cards they will carry at the store? I want like a 7900 GTX or the new 7950 GX? Think of the savings... If I get them to accept the 30% off coupon that I found... anybody know? or will I be better off just getting the 7900 GT OC?

That would be amazing! But I don't hold out too much luck for that :( lol I wish they'd have put the 7800gs (agp) on sale.

Happy me.

I went this morning and very "unclassily" rifled through all the coupons, found 2. Went to another BB this afternoon and picked up the 250G My Book WD External.

Reg price- $199.99
Instant Rebate $70
$129.99
-30%

Total- $90.xx + tax

:D

jerryrigged said:
That would be amazing! But I don't hold out too much luck for that :( lol I wish they'd have put the 7800gs (agp) on sale.
Best buy has pretty much gotten out of the high end video card business.

Well, just picked up the 1200va UPS that retails for $130 for like $55! Word. Got 3 coupons left too.

for everyone who shops at the best buy in mission viejo California, the 10% 20% 30% booklets can be found on register 4. The whole display at that register is the better coupons.

Feel I should point this out, BestBuy is carrying the 750GB seagate drives now. The price at BB is the same as at Newegg, 399$, and if you use these coupons, then the drive becomes 280$ which is a damn good price.

Any other ideas on what to buy? I still have a coupon. The 750GB drive is tempting, but I would need to get a SATA card. Already using 3 SATA drives.

$280 after the coupon :D

So I guess this coupon thing is still active? I may have to go look into this 22" LCD a bit...

Has anyone actually got the 30% off to work with the Westinghouse 22"? My buddy and I went to three different locations here in michigan (Rochester, Madison Heights, Auburn Hills), only to be shot down at all three. After asking an employee he told us that it would never work because it'd take the price of the monitor below cost which is $289.99. The closest we came to getting any form of discount was when a cashier took off dollar amounts instead of percentages. The lowest it would go was $289.99. If you got the monitor to work with the 30% off coupon PLEASE show proof (receipt) so I know there is hope if I go drive out to more distant cities. Also post how you managed to get the coupon to work.

Thanks

I am going to straight-up say they are bullshitting you. There is no way that their at-cost price, Best Buy of all places would mark up their prices much more than that.

I will be pissed off if they don't give me the 30% off. I think I could probably make a big enough deal out of it for them to give it to me anyways. I will try to get you a reciept when I go later today.

synaps3 said:
I am going to straight-up say they are bullshitting you. There is no way that their at-cost price, Best Buy of all places would mark up their prices much more than that.

I will be pissed off if they don't give me the 30% off. I think I could probably make a big enough deal out of it for them to give it to me anyways. I will try to get you a reciept when I go later today.
Haha thanks I appreciate it. But my buddy and I made argued with 3 different managers at one of the locations for a good hour and a half, and we got a different reason why it wouldn't work from all three. The first one was that a monitor is a monitor, not an accessory. Second one was that a monitor is a product, not an accessory (wtf?). Last arguement was the below cost one.

Oldspice I got the coupon to work with a monitor, BUT the monitor must NOT be on sale. Technically nothing's supposed to be on sale to use the coupon with.

Hell, Best Buy knew what they were doing with these coupons when they released them, that's why there are so few of the good ones. I work at Best Buy, and I got a better price with the coupon then I would have as an employee. Same with the Coupon on a 750GB harddrive(which is why I'm considering using my other coupon on that drive).

i thought the coupons said only 1 per household, or can you use multiple coupons on multiple things? the 750 gig hd for $280 sounds really good.

Back