30" pc-monitor with 1920x1200 native res

m104

Weaksauce
Will such a monitor ever hit the market?

I'd much prefer this native res over 2560x1600 - cause text just gets too small in 2560x1600 - but will such a monitor ever hit the market? Currently the largest 1920x1200 monitor to hit the market is (as far as I know) a 28" model viewsonic is launching soon...

Some ppl would say that the dot-pitch would get too high - but actually the dot-pitch would roughly be the same as what im currently looking at on my 19" 1280x1024 - and im quite pleased with that.... Also u have to take into account that one sits further from a 30" than from a 19" (most ppl do)...

so... do u see any problems with such a monitor - do u think it will ever be manufactured?

I doubt you're going to see such a monitor any time soon if ever. The 27", 1920x1200 models such as dell sells are the only option aside from using an LCD-TV.

well not the only option... as i mentioned there is a 28" with native 1920x1200 comming from viewsonic soon.... thats what im basing my hopes on - that the manufacturers crank it all the way up to a 30" still using 1920x1200 panels....

Askanison - ive considered that - but many forums has adviced me not to buy a tv to use as monitor - i dont really recall the reasons - might b an option

Well I hope you are right that Viewsonic comes out with the 28"er soon...hell, I'll take anyone coming out with something in the 27 to 28 inch range so if nothing else Dell will have to drop the price on their 27"er.

Theres a samsung 32inch 1080p (1920x1080) that you might like, i forget the model # though

The Sharp 32" gamers line 1080p monitor sounds like it would be exactly the thing for you.

It has several advantages over other monitors in this space:
Way better deinterlacing and scaling hardware than monitors, advertised low lag / input lag / tearing / smearing (perfect for gaming), much higher native contrast than any PC monitor, more inputs, real 16:9 mode means no black bars on PS3 / X360 and less or no black bars on more movies, better color and video tuning control.

The disadgadvantages are exactly what you are looking for a 1920x1200 - i.e. larger pixels. Some people want the smaller pixels so they can see more stuff on the screen. You want the opposite. I would say go for the Sharp LC32GP1U.

The large Wesinghouse ones do 1920x1080. don't know if you really want such a large monitor (37" or 47") on the desk though.
And don't say this is an LCD TV because it is not, it's a monitor.

i'll look into the Sharp LC32GP1U...

im not looking for a monitor bigger than 32" so those wrestlinghouse tv's are out of the question - thx for the suggestion though

Back