30 second startup delay - mrxsmb.sys

MJCfromCT

Gawd
I just did a clean format of my computer, and installed the basic drivers (nforce mobo drivers, latest version, and nvidia graphics drivers, latest version).

Upon startup, a few of my system tray icons load (nvidia control panel, for example), followed by a 30-second delay, after which everything else proceeds to load.

I ran bootvis, and it tells me that this 30 second delay is due to mrxsmb.sys. During the 30 seconds, I do not have network/internet access, but as soon as this time passes and everything loads, my machine finds an IP and can browse the internet and the network fine.

I have no mapped network drives attempting to connect at startup, either.

Any thoughts? This delay is pretty frustrating to troubleshoot. Thanks in advance.

I figured I should include a few more specs aside from what is in my sig.

The install was of Windows XP 32 bit, slipstreamed with SP3. Before the nforce drivers were installed, this wasn't an issue, as there was no network driver installed. As soon as the network driver was installed, this issue cropped up.

From searching around it appears to be a network issue. Some say a problem with wireless, some say to set static IP info. I would try the static IP just to see if it helps. It could possibly be a firewall as well, depending on what you are running.

Back