3000 venice core 939 $117 free shipping

Well i just bought one at 118.
Won'T see it for two weeks because i am currently in Germany though. They were selling Arctic silver 5 for like 4 bucks a tube so i bought that too, new egg has it for 8.
Everything was 130 shipped. Not bad, saved $25 bucks compared to what i was going to order.

Okay, I would love to get more out of this CPU, but I haven't really OC'd anything since the days of the pencil trick Athlon (no XP).

I've got one of these and an ASUS A8V Deluxe... Any suggestions? The issue is that I am running Corsair Value that just won't go very high without relaxing the timings, and I just want to bump the CPU, anyway. I don't need much, just want to be able to fold at my old 2.2GHz 3200+ XP raw MHz.

Gar, have you tried going further with another divider? Why are you hesitant to when you are, at the moment, finding the limit of your cpu. Find your limit and then decide whether or not the extra divider is worth it too you or not. Without pushing further, how can you be certain that it will only be 50mhz and not 150 or 200mhz.

Hehe, yeah, 1. I should have posted this in the OC forum (derrrrr ;) )
2. I'm sitting at a comfy 2250GHz right now with absolutely NO increase in heat (really. I've never seen that before), and no increase in voltage. This about the maz I can get without voltage increases, I think. I may take it further - the lack of heat increase is very promising - but I have achieved my goal, at least.

Just ordered a BW for 119.95 with free UPS ground. First decent processor I've ever owned :)

dragonorta said:
Gar, have you tried going further with another divider? Why are you hesitant to when you are, at the moment, finding the limit of your cpu. Find your limit and then decide whether or not the extra divider is worth it too you or not. Without pushing further, how can you be certain that it will only be 50mhz and not 150 or 200mhz.

Actually no I haven't pushed it any farther. The main reason is simply heat and noise. After running Prime for 8.5 hours my max temp in my MBM high/low file was 47C...which isn't too bad and still well below "breaking point".

However, I want to keep this CPU below 50C at full load, and I also have a very quiet case and I want to keep it that way ;). My case has a total of 3 120mm fans, and 1 92mm fan on the CPU. The loudest fan in my system, believe it or not, is the little fan on the mobo chipset. I have all my fans running at 1/2 speed, even my CPU fan to keep it very quiet...and to push it much farther I will have to either crank up the noise, or have my CPU getting warmer...and I dont really like either of those options.

For benchmarking sake, I should just see what it can do though, since I know this CPU can do more.

It might be to early to tell but it looks like the newer E6/BW chips aren't panning out so well.

The older E3/BP chips seem to be averaging a lot better.

Info taken from ExtremeSystems and OC forums

Might be worth some more research but i'd put my money on the E3.

What's up Yoda, SJet... good to see you two together in a thread. I am going to be going Venice soon, and I'm keeping my eye on this deal... I just wish the SN25P's were cheaper...

-SEAL

thats great yoda, but that does not speak for the majority of the oc. Theres a thread on xtremesystem with the e6 oc, most got medicore result. Mine only went up to 280x9 and that was Barely stable, it would crash right away in prime @ 285x9.

SEALTeamSix said:
What's up Yoda, SJet... good to see you two together in a thread. I am going to be going Venice soon, and I'm keeping my eye on this deal... I just wish the SN25P's were cheaper...

-SEAL

Hey SEAL. That shuttle is still going strong in my moms computer :) How's yours doing?

acidic said:
thats great yoda, but that does not speak for the majority of the oc. Theres a thread on xtremesystem with the e6 oc, most got medicore result. Mine only went up to 280x9 and that was Barely stable, it would crash right away in prime @ 285x9.

Sucks :(
Im not sure if I am being limited by the chipset or cpu but 2700mhz wasnt stable but 2600mhz w/ lower voltages is stable...so far. I still need to do some testing.

ToyYoda03 said:
Hey SEAL. That shuttle is still going strong in my moms computer :) How's yours doing?

Sucks :(
Im not sure if I am being limited by the chipset or cpu but 2700mhz wasnt stable but 2600mhz w/ lower voltages is stable...so far. I still need to do some testing.

I think the point is, alot of E3's run 2600MHz perfectly stable, so the E6's may not be as great as everyone was hoping for.

ToyYoda03 said:
There's an exception to every rule! :p j/k. i wish i knew which one was better.

SEALTeamSix said:
What's up Yoda, SJet... good to see you two together in a thread. I am going to be going Venice soon, and I'm keeping my eye on this deal... I just wish the SN25P's were cheaper..
Hey man, looks like a venice here too, won't bite until i decide upon a mobo and video card though.

Give me some time and maybe i'll pull up a SN5P deal :D

Hehe.. the Shuttle's still holding up, but I decided I wanted more gaming power than the 3.0C + x800pro, so the new hotness will be Venice + 7800GT. Plus, I'm moving to Colorado (and unfortunately away from my LAN buddies), so I don't have as great a need for portability anymore.

SJet, as far as the right graphics card goes, I just have a good feeling about the 7800GT's. Double the 6800GT performance, and in my current price range. I get the feeling that AGP is going to be less-available for high-end cards from here on out, and due to their scarcity and lateness to market there won't be as many good deals on them as PCI-E parts. In terms of bang-for-buck, the 7800GT @ ~$389 is currently the leader for the high-end cards. The 6800GT PCI-E @ ~$250 is the closest from it, but that doesn't really seem like a deal when you consider the massive increase in performance from the 7800GT.

I still love SFF, but the SN95P's are killer-expensive, and the DFI motherboards seem like they can rip with Venice CPUs for $80. However, the NF4 SLI one bundled with the EVGA 7800GT will do upwards of 275 FSB, making it a strong contender given that it's free with the graphics card. Ah, decisions, decisions...

-SEAL

well core revisions are usually made to fix a few little bugs and save a few coins $$-

so they don't allways overclock better than previous revisions.

my little BW seems to have topped out at about the same as my older BP .

which is still very good--but i haven't made it to 3g on air yet .(in windows)

ironically the closest i came was with the early winchester--and that was my first attempt--LOL

so far highest run in windows 2.87 BW --highest stable in windows 2.78

bp- highest windows 2.79g stable 2.7g

winchester --2.92 run windows unstable--and stable 2.86-- 1.64v-core--LOL

the BW is a good overclocker-- it is better than some of the crappy late winchesters and as good --maybe slightly better than a bp .

but as allways it is luck of the draw as some BW seem to be better than others--and that was the case with the BP's and winchesters as i recall. :eek:

the BW's seem to be good chips --although not a huge improvement over the BP's--best i can tell. :eek:

acidic said:
no winchester will have a lower oc potential and does not come with sse3(which does nothing). Its also older.

Ewiz has messed up pricing huh?

Actually SSE3 will allow OSX86 to run properly. :-P

ok, I would like to know someone who bought his 3000+ OEM from E-WIZ this week (AUG 24) what results did you get? E-WIZ is selling both a BP (that I believe is a E3) and a BW (E6)... BP cost a little more than BW, I dont know wich one to choose to most chance of better overclock! thanks.

Damn...
I was trying to wait. I'll just have to tell my wife they made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

I would say E6 core is better....but that's only my opinion...it's a gamble.

Back