3007WFP Powerup issues and shutdown.

Ockie

*** Self Proclaimed Storage King ***
Looking for some recommendations and perhaps to see if anyone else has experienced this. I've had my 3007 for a long time now, bought it early on when they were still relatively new.

Anyways, I'm having this odd problem, sometimes my monitor wont switch on, the touch button either doesn't recognize or malfunctions, it's completely unreproducible and it's a sporadic behavior (doesn't happen on certain times of the day or anything). My environment is warm, and the air condition is dry, however, even with a moist finger or cooler temperature I've found that it still wont work.

The way I fix this issue is by just waiting, a hour or two later, sometimes minutes, the monitor will finally turn on. I have the same issue with turning it off. I've also noticed it has turned itself off about two or three times in the last few months without even touching it.

Anyone else experienced this? I figured I'd just ask and see before I give dell a call. I'm afraid that dell might say that its working fine if I was to send it in... because it doesn't happen all the time.

Oh yeah, my equipment is also on a surge protector so I don't feel that it would be a power issue. I have a feeling it's to do with the touch sensitivity of the button thats not correctly working. It's not driving me up the wall or anything, but if I have to deal with this all the time, it eventually will... especially when I urgently need to use the machine. ...And it's not like a $99 monitor that I could just cut my losses with either.

I have the exact same issue with mine. I've found that unplugging and plugging it back in works sometimes, but like you said, it's sporadic.

I actually planned on calling for a replacement today..

I have the exact same issue with mine. I've found that unplugging and plugging it back in works sometimes, but like you said, it's sporadic.

I actually planned on calling for a replacement today..

Yes! Sometimes by plugging the power out and back in does work here too... but not all the time.

Please keep me updated on what they say. One thing I don't want is a replacement refurb with a short to no warranty on it (mine has a 3 year warranty). Also, if you have good luck, keep the name of the sales person, perhaps contact number too so I can give em a shot.

I've already replaced mine once. I'm pretty sure my 3 year complete care transferred to the new one.. I don't expect any issues.

I've already replaced mine once. I'm pretty sure my 3 year complete care transferred to the new one.. I don't expect any issues.

Okay cool beans, let me know.

The buttons on the 3007wfp are touchpad sensor buttons. Same thing as this:
http://www.qprox.com/products/qtouch.php

Which Im actually making a switch with now.

Sure it could be a problem with the IC that does the sensing. qprox has a few different ICs, one standard one thats used with only specific types and thicknesses of certain materials. And other ICs that allow a wider range of materials and allow you to control the sensitivity. No clue what Dell uses in the 3007wfp. Either way maybe the IC tolerences vary enough to not do a great job of sensing your finger. So in that case getting a new display would be the fix. Shame to go through all that for a 50c IC though :D

On the other hand maybe its just you :) Seriously. When its cold and I generate a lot of static electricity from walking on the carpet in socks and/or shoes my sensor goes nutso. Sometimes its so sensitive my finger will be an inch away and it will sense it. Sometimes it wont sense it at all unless I physically touch the electrode(not supposed to do that).

Here is a good read if anyone is interested:
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=100148

If your original unit came with 3 year warrenty that means you can replace it as many times within that period. You will get a refurbished unit, however.

Looking for some recommendations and perhaps to see if anyone else has experienced this. I've had my 3007 for a long time now, bought it early on when they were still relatively new.

Anyways, I'm having this odd problem, sometimes my monitor wont switch on, the touch button either doesn't recognize or malfunctions, it's completely unreproducible and it's a sporadic behavior (doesn't happen on certain times of the day or anything). My environment is warm, and the air condition is dry, however, even with a moist finger or cooler temperature I've found that it still wont work.

The way I fix this issue is by just waiting, a hour or two later, sometimes minutes, the monitor will finally turn on. I have the same issue with turning it off. I've also noticed it has turned itself off about two or three times in the last few months without even touching it.

Anyone else experienced this? I figured I'd just ask and see before I give dell a call. I'm afraid that dell might say that its working fine if I was to send it in... because it doesn't happen all the time.

Oh yeah, my equipment is also on a surge protector so I don't feel that it would be a power issue. I have a feeling it's to do with the touch sensitivity of the button thats not correctly working. It's not driving me up the wall or anything, but if I have to deal with this all the time, it eventually will... especially when I urgently need to use the machine. ...And it's not like a $99 monitor that I could just cut my losses with either.

I had similar problems - dont know if they are due to the video card + power settings or if it is the touch sensor for the buttons

Like you said it is un reproducible hence not easy to investigate. I've had only 2-3 incidents so far but I hope they will be few and far in between

Happened twice now in two weeks. First time I fixed it by using another monitor to uninstall the dell 3007wfp software then reinstalling, then hooked it back up to the monitor and it powered on...of course it could have just been that "x" amount of time had passed, too. This second time I still havent gotten it back on yet.

This really sux, I dont want a refurbished one with dead pixels or some other crap.

3 year complete customer care ftw...lol

"New" one is on the way. Hope it isnt dead pixel hell. The pitcure on mine is perfect, lol, if it would just turn on...

oh well.

It seems like a lot of LCD's have these type of issues. It has happened to my 21" Gateway a few times. I have to unplug it and then plug it back in.

Ugh, another reason to like good old fashioned buttons.

I hope mine doesn't decide to start doing this...

I got my replacement from Dell. Works fine. Only problem is loud high pitched noise when the brightness is at the highest setting. Not a real big deal considering I can at least turn it on...

I finally called dell after I started pulling out a few hairs not getting the monitor to switch on for 25 mins. They are sending me a new one.... YAY!

Back