3008WFP being marked down quickly???

walkman

Limp Gawd
First the dropped from 2000 to 1600, and now they've dropped it to 1339.

Could Dell be clearing stock before introducing a new monitor?

this is actually what i was gonna start a thread about haha

me and my dad were finally moving forward to purchase my 30" soon and the 3008wfp was my first choice, until i noticed in just about two weeks the price started dropping. And as you thought, i also believed a new monitor may be coming :)

Anyone have any news on this?

Place your bets...

Will be called 3009 or 3010?
LED backlighting?
10-bit Colour?
120Hz?

None of the above?

What's the return policy for monitors at Dell? And is it a pain? If there's a 30 day window I may go ahead and order one of these with the thought I can return it if they come out with something new.

The US price is still listed at 1999 with 660 instant savings.

I bet they realize that their 3008 sucks with all of that input lag. I hope their next 30" isn't designed so laggy.

Wow, I purchased one of the marked down 3008WFP monitors two days ago after getting a warning that they were on extended backorder and an estimated delivery date of mid March.

Then Fedex delivered the monitor this morning!? I hope it's a good one.

p.s. I hardly do any gaming so I'm not that concerned with input lag.

WHOA! the starting price of the 3008wfp just dropped to $1800, making the sale price $1,139, thats lower than the 3007wfp-hc!!!! :D

Im am now tempted to buy one...maybe two haha but then again i am also tempted to wait and get one new one if they come out with it :p

Ahhh how much i hate decisions :(

WHOA! the starting price of the 3008wfp just dropped to $1800, making the sale price $1,139, thats lower than the 3007wfp-hc!!!! :D

Im am now tempted to buy one...maybe two haha but then again i am also tempted to wait and get one new one if they come out with it :p

Ahhh how much i hate decisions :(

Even cheaper than that.....buy through www.dell.com/epp :)

gosh darn it all... I've been burned by things like this before. Seems like it means a new monitor coming, but what if its just an inventory reduction? Am I going to be kicking myself in 2 weeks when the price goes back up to $1400 and nothing new has come out?

Wow, it was back to regular price when i check this morning. They put it back on sale again!

Thanks Speedy!

If you hadn't made that post I wouldn't have known the price dropped again. After 30 minutes on the phone with an Indian call center I'm supposed to be getting a credit for the new price.

Haha no problem guys, but as others have said, I don't know if I should get it for the reduced price as it may just be inventory reductions, but it may also be a new monitor :( anyone got any leaked info on this? haha

Yeah...but if there is new monitor.....its going to be like $2,000 when it comes out. Then another 6-7 months until it goes on sale. You really want to wait that long. .....so get it now! I did. :)

CeBit begins on 3/3. Maybe we'll hear of a new 30" then. According to the link on the Dell site the current sale ends 3/5.

Could not pass up the 3007 WFP-HC for $972.07 before taxes in florida and $20 shipping myself along with a 4 year warranty.

I am thinking of getting the 3008WFP.

I have the refurbished 3007 and I didnt like it all.

It seem like it got some kind of coating on it and make it look muddy! My 3 year old Dell 24" is so crystal clear!

How is the 3008?

I wonder if they will switch to a Samsung PVA panel after all of LGs QA issues (Serious backlight bleed and sparkly coating). Hell they have massive input lag anyway.

Dave

What is massive input lag?

I never miss the scaler or the one input on my 3007. Heck why would I want to lower down my resolution?

I just hate the muddy or sparky screen. How come the Dell 24" does not have it?

Is 3008 better with no muddy or sparky screen?

Anandtech on their LCD comparison lists the 3008 as having 'hard anti-glare' coating. I think they list the same thing for the 3007.

I have the 3008. It doesn't look muddy to me, the text is crystal sharp. Maybe you're referring to something else. There is a shimmer to the white. Perhaps it causes some eye fatigue, but it doesn't bother me and I don't notice it unless I'm looking for it.

I have a Dell 24" WS, but I think it is less sharp than the 3008.

I have a 3 year old Dell 24" LCD and it look sharp compare to the 3007.

On white, it is crystal clear on the 24".

My 3007 has a tinted blueish and muddy coating on a while background. I have switch back and forth between the two monitors and I know this has nothing to do with the video card.

I think I can try the 3008 right? Dell give me 30 days to return it if I dont like it.

Heads up, dont forget to link from your Discovercard and you get 5% bonus. Say cheeze!

I have a 3 year old Dell 24" LCD and it look sharp compare to the 3007.

On white, it is crystal clear on the 24".

My 3007 has a tinted blueish and muddy coating on a while background. I have switch back and forth between the two monitors and I know this has nothing to do with the video card.

I think I can try the 3008 right? Dell give me 30 days to return it if I dont like it.

Have you tried calibrating it? I don't have one, but I've heard the 3007's need calibration more then the 3008's..

I saw one called ColorEyes Pro for $175 to calibrate it?

I dont think I need calibration. I just need to get rid of the sparky and grainy screen which I think is the coating and nothing I can do.

Is 3008 the same?

CeBit begins on 3/3. Maybe we'll hear of a new 30" then. According to the link on the Dell site the current sale ends 3/5.

Wonder if there is any word on this yet?

Could not pass up the 3007 WFP-HC for $972.07 before taxes in florida and $20 shipping myself along with a 4 year warranty.

Did you get it yet?

Wonder if there is any word on this yet?

Did you get it yet?

Yes I did. No issues to report, no dead pixels, no light bleed unless in a very dark room, no lights on and I can see a small bit at the lower right corner but my 24 incher does the same. No sparkle yet for me and will play some games in a day or two to see if any lag but for normal computer use I am very pleased.

Interesting side note. Dell offered a few ways to get it shipped which will add cost to it if one opts for a 1 to 2 day delivery. I opted for the normal ground 3 to 5 day delivery for $19.99 and got it in three, saving about $60.00 ($79.99) over a two day shipping.

Here's a big question. If and when the new 3009(?) is announced, will it be 16:9 or 16:10? Seems the whole industry is moving to 16:9 for economic reasons.

Back