3008WFP VS. 3007WFP-HC

I bought a 3008 refurb for $1200, but it had dozens of bad pixels. After a few weeks of trying to get me a refurb replacement, Dell sent a brand new 3008 and adjusted the warranty so that it started on the day I received the new one. I love everything about it. :D

I bought a 3008 refurb for $1200, but it had dozens of bad pixels. After a few weeks of trying to get me a refurb replacement, Dell sent a brand new 3008 and adjusted the warranty so that it started on the day I received the new one. I love everything about it. :D

I've had nothing but extreme anger towards Dell support and will never buy one again. I'm literally minutes away from just sending it back and getting the LG W3000 so I never have to deal with this again.

I've had nothing but extreme anger towards Dell support and will never buy one again. I'm literally minutes away from just sending it back and getting the LG W3000 so I never have to deal with this again.
Hope you get things resolved. I've got no problem with Dell.

I didn't have a problem either until they randomly canceled the replacement order without notice. If I didn't check it everyday I would have never knew.

Hopefully the replacement isn't worse than this one.

May not be on topic but I was back and forth on these 2 monitors. Finally decided to order the 3007 since it will only be a pc monitor and nothing else. I was worried about all the nay sayers and issues that people were having with back light and what not but, I think I got a perfect one back light is from what I can tell perfect and no dead stuck pixels.
Now I just need to get another 280 to help with some of those demanding games.

Aside from the scaler and inputs, is the 3008WFP any different from the 3007WFP-HC? I'm a designer and I have had bad luck with these 30" monitors. Both the LG and the HP have poor color uniformity. The HP i have right now has a dark upper left corner and bright lower right. Do both dells have good color uniformity? I was leaning towards the 3007 since I've read about input lag with the scalers, but if the 3008 has better picture quality, I'd probably go with that.

Do you notice the input lag caused by the scaler on the 3008? Does the better PQ outway the lag? What do you use your monitor for? Why do you think the picture quality and color are better on the 3008? What about them makes them better? Did any or all of them have non-uniform color/brightness?

Do you notice the input lag caused by the scaler on the 3008?
I don't have games but I do watch movies and I didn't noticed any lag.

What do you use your monitor for?
Daily browsing, photoshop and movies.
Why do you think the picture quality and color are better on the 3008?
Colo look muddy both on Dell 3007 and HP.

What about them makes them better?
??

Did any or all of them have non-uniform color/brightness?
If you are referring to black light bleeding, then yes, they all have minimal bleed but I don't think you could tell unless you REALLY pay close attention.

I'm not talking about backlight bleeding. When I ask what makes it better, I mean why do you think it is better color and picture quality... I'm looking to see where your opinion comes from and how hard you analyze things. From the sounds of it you don't nit pick the details. Also, you won't notice input lag in movies...

I don't waste my time over what my eyes can't distinguish or can't see. The color on the Dell 3007 and HP are darker (over saturated) than the Dell 3008.

Back