32" 1080p IPS panel as a PC monitor

R0achTheWarHero

Limp Gawd
http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-...Vs/model.TC-32LZ800_11002_7000000000000005702

I ordered one this morning for 900 bucks online. Had a tv break so ordered this, may end up using it as a PC monitor though if it's good. It also has a shiny screen by the way.

Heres some pictures from other people, the first one is of some guy whose monitor was damaged and had a burned out backlight on the top but the white level still looks good hooked to pc:

2550338808_bbbcdfb5ae_b.jpg

img0221mt8.jpg

img0236id0.jpg

img0210qa7.jpg

my.php

As for downfalls (you knew there had to be some), I hear it has the dreaded buzzing power supply of doom when changing brightness to certain levels just like most LCD's you see nowadays so unless you want to view the PC at eye shattering 500nits brightness it may buzz at you. Maybe I will sound insulate mine somehow.

Don't order from anywhere with some crappy free 9 day shipping. Last time I did that, got a LG 246wp and it arrived at the door looking like rodney king. It's worth paying 2 day shipping for something fragile.

Don't order from anywhere with some crappy free 9 day shipping. Last time I did that, got a LG 246wp and it arrived at the door looking like rodney king. It's worth paying 2 day shipping for something fragile.

Whered you order it at then? Hahaha

For under $900 you won't find a better deal. I wouldn't even consider getting a 26" IPS if I had a choice. I'd just get this since these panels are manufactured in Japan. I don't think Panny LCDs are getting the same kind of respect as Sony and Sharp but it will only be a matter of time until they start jacking up the pricing for these.

I ordered yesterday with 2 day shipping and these morons at the store I ordered from (butterflyphoto.com) delayed my order solely to call me today at 1pm trying to sell me five billion dollar HDMI cables and $200 extended warranty. The dirtbag new jersey accent only made it that much worse.

That frist image is my Panny. Mine was shipped with FedEx 2 Day and Fedex still damaged my TV !!!
R0ach, when you get yours make sure you check your package infront of FedEx delivery man.

Actually just purchased the Panny 32LZ800.

Beautiful pictures, good blacks, no weird input lag or ghosting. No weird humming sound. My only gripe is funky reds. They look slightly washed out. I guess I need it calibrated. Will post pics when my brother returns my camera :(

This is one I'm considering for a PC monitor so let me know how it turns out. I can get it locally for about the same price (I don't want to deal with TV shipping :eek:)

Back