32'' HDTV EMPREX Coming back @ fry's 2morrow

Dammit, why can't they open a Fry's around here. I don't imagine these will be available online. :(

They've had it online before I don't know if they will this time. It's a 720p. Way to cheap for a 1080. I've got one and I like it.

If you are OK with refurbs you can get Olivias 32's for around the same price. If you are a bit weary with the brand.

Placed and order online tonight as all the local Bay Area stores were 0 balance.

TV $397
Tax $35.69
Monitor recycle fee $8
Shipping $35.58

Soo.. $476 and change shipped. No email confirmation # yet but I have an order number. We'// see.

Ordered online too, $416 shipped. Still no order confirmation as of yet...so yeah, we'll see.

Here's the Emprex 3202 owner's thread over at the AVSforums: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=825956

Refer to post #13 for some calibration settings. Just be sure to write down your original values before changing them.

It supposedly uses a ChiMei/Acer panel of some sort, not sure who makes the internal electronics and scaler though it's probably safe to assume that it's not cutting-edge nor high-end.

Note, misprint: It has 2 hdmi inputs, not 1 as stated in the description.

I saw it today; no offense to the people who bought one, but it looked like a piece of shit

Just got my order confirmation. Still would not be surprised if I got another email stating they canceled my order for lack of stock. The tool at the counter at Fry's said they ran out of stock in less than 2 hours.

I saw it today; no offense to the people who bought one, but it looked like a piece of shit

I held off ordering one, as I ready until I read some reviews. One review said that plants wilted in-front of this television because the picture was terrible. I wish all those who bought the deal, the best of luck, I am saving my money for a bigger one.

BTW- this deal has passed, as the price is listed as the regular $999 cost today.

I held off ordering one, as I ready until I read some reviews. One review said that plants wilted in-front of this television because the picture was terrible. I wish all those who bought the deal, the best of luck, I am saving my money for a bigger one.

BTW- this deal has passed, as the price is listed as the regular $999 cost today.

I have a 50" plasma in my living room already. This 32" is to replace the 27" tube in my bedroom that just started having issues. So if the IQ is not the greatest I can live with it. For just a hair over $400 shipped it's still a great deal. I read the reviews and most seem pretty happy with it.. more after they adjusted it. The display models are rarely calibrated and usually run off a single cable input split off a gang box. We'll see what happens when i get it hooked up with a HDMI cable and adjust the sucker.

As of today I still have not gotten a PFO from Fry's...

I checked my order on Fry's website and it shows that it has shipped, so Iooks like I'm getting a new TV. The people over at avsforum seem to be pretty happy with it, so I hope it turns out to be pretty decent. Just putting it in the bedroom to replace my 15 year old CRT.

I would not recommend buying this TV.

I got one last August (same brand, model, etc) for $500 new. It was trouble from day one. It worked amazing, and was GORGEOUS for the first hour or so.

Then, it shut off, and would not turn back on. After a few minutes, it would power up again, but had vertical bars of discoloration. They went away after awhile, and I thought nothing of it. It was shipped from Fry's for nearly $50, so I decided not to return it, since I figured it was just getting broken in. Exactly 32 days after (Fry's would have replaced it if it were 31 days or less after purchase), the bars came back. They won't go away, and have just gotten worse since then... It's been over a year since... I despise this LCD...

I would not recommend buying this TV.

I got one last August (same brand, model, etc) for $500 new. It was trouble from day one. It worked amazing, and was GORGEOUS for the first hour or so.

Then, it shut off, and would not turn back on. After a few minutes, it would power up again, but had vertical bars of discoloration. They went away after awhile, and I thought nothing of it. It was shipped from Fry's for nearly $50, so I decided not to return it, since I figured it was just getting broken in. Exactly 32 days after (Fry's would have replaced it if it were 31 days or less after purchase), the bars came back. They won't go away, and have just gotten worse since then... It's been over a year since... I despise this LCD...

I would not have waited even with the shipping charges. I live within 15 minutes drive from 4 Fry's locations. There is another one about 25 minutes drive for a total of 5 in my immediate area. If there are any defects I can easily return it for another so I was not worried about return shipping fee's if I got a dud. Most people seem pretty happy with theirs. I doubt the picture quality is as good as the plasma in my living room... but for a bedroom set as long as it works decently I'll be happy with my sub $500 investment.

The shipping confirmation I got indicates it's coming DHL out of Ohio. Shipped on the 27th and hit SF this morning. I'll probably get it today or tomorrow. Time to stop by the Comcast office and get another DVR/HDMI box. :D

Got mine this evening... nice 2 day delivery! Hooked it up to my Comcast using the HDMI and it was good to go. No issues so far and the picture is really good out of the box. I have not made any adjustments yet. Well worth the $400 clams IMHO. :D

Back