3200+ O/C, which is better?

Ducay

Limp Gawd
Ok, I have hit a good zone for O/Cing at the moment (will try going high later) and have a few questions

Current specs:
3200+ Win @ 1.55v+5%
2x512MB OCZ PC3200 Rev2 @ 2.7v @ 2T timings
MSI neo2plat

Which is better? (performance wise?) I have hit both

a)
-166 divider
-245FSB @ CPU
-207FSB @ RAM
-4x HT
10x Multi

b)
-133 divider
-260FSB @ CPU
-173FSB @ RAM
-3x HT
-10x Multi

With the RAM being that much lower below stock I am wondering if the decrease in RAM FSB will negate the CPU clock increase.

Also, where should I go from here? I tried going for 265 FSB with the same settings as situation b) and it was no go, it started to boot windows and rebooted. Im not sure what to increase, change, or decrease. Wheter that be vcore, vdimm, HT x, multiplier, divider, RAM timings or what?

Situation B

post1.jpg

AND THE RAM

post2.jpg

Thanks

EDIT: For some reason, when I was at 260, I had no sound....returning to 250 gave it back. Anyone know any solutions to this (or cause)? Tried a search to no avail

i choose C.

that ram will easily go 1:1 w/ 260fsb @ 1T.

try that with the 4x HTT, and if it's a no-go, use 3x.

The problem is, that I couldnt get it (RAM) over 208FSB at 1:1 or 166..... not sure what can cure that

Update and bump,

I tried putting them in slots 3+4 and it was still a no go over 210 @ 1:1

And my RAM is OCZ PC3200 Performance series, not plat

must have some kinda problem there cos my branded value ram(8,4,4,3) will run at 7,3,3,2.5@220 but it will get errors in memtest so i use a divider till i get some faster ram but you have great ram so i cant think whats holding you back,and turn 2t command off even mine runs at 1t.with it set to 2t I lose nearly 1000mb bandwidth in sandra so it does make a difference.sorry i cant really offer you any really usefull advice apart from maybe try resetting and going all through the bios settings again lock agp/pci etc check you have latest bios,try changing you sata ports round etc. good luck.

The Sound issue sounds like a PCI-lock problem, I agree.

Also, go and download SiSoftware's Sandra 2005, and bench your results. Thats the best way to go at it man. Tweak, and bench, and then Prime and memtest. Thats all it comes down to.

Back