320GB SATA HDD $99 - No Rebates - B&M@Best Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilDoc

2[H]4U
Shamelessly ripped from SD, Deal verified but YMMV - places are selling out fast.

Best Buy has clearanced out the Western Digital WD3200JDRTL SATA 150 8MB Cache internal hard drive.

Its clearance price is $99. We have 6 in our little tiny store, so large stores should have about 20.

SKU: 7643133

This item is no longer available online.

Verified. Myself and another poster mentioned these in another thread. I'm installing mine later today.

good lord i just got off the phone with my BB, the fellow very politely let me know that they didn't have any of the 320 gig Say-Ta's left.

Say-Ta

omg that is a good f'in deal....i wanna go to best buy but no car =\ too bad they dont sell it online... :mad:

The King of Pants said:
good lord i just got off the phone with my BB, the fellow very politely let me know that they didn't have any of the 320 gig Say-Ta's left.

Say-Ta
they always say that at best buy, like its really cool.

just say Serial ATA like the rest of us...your not special with your stupid little term.

yeah, I actually got home from work yesterday and ment to post this. Kinda forgot though.

It's clearance only so YMMV, some Best Buy's have a bunch, others have zero.

And I've got to ask, WTF is with Best Buy customers going "Saa-tah". It's Serial ATA dammnit, "Saa-tah" makes you sound stupid! And the sad part, it's starting to wear off.

Come to think of it... a few weeks ago I was in Frys and I asked a guy where the "Serial ATA controller cards" were... and he's says, "Oh, the SAY-TA cards are over here".... SAY-TA ?... come on.... :(

And you really think that 90% of the Best Buy employees even know what the word Serial even means?

I could care less what the BB employees say when I'm in the store because its a given that the majority of the people on this forum know more than the employees.

Zumino Zufeilon said:
yeah, I actually got home from work yesterday and ment to post this. Kinda forgot though.

It's clearance only so YMMV, some Best Buy's have a bunch, others have zero.

And I've got to ask, WTF is with Best Buy customers going "Saa-tah". It's Serial ATA dammnit, "Saa-tah" makes you sound stupid! And the sad part, it's starting to wear off.

everytime they say it, you should stare at their mouth and make a disgusted face :p

I pronounce it "Sat-uh". "Serial ATA" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

I went into my Best Buy and we was unable to find any. But they were showing 5 in stock. So I dug around the entire hard drive area and managed to find two hidding behind boxes in different areas. Snagged 'em both.

Thanks OP. :cool:

Edit: Yeah, what cepeep said...

SATA - pronounced săťǔ - like the sat from satisfactory and the 'uh' sounds from conundrum

My reasoning: "ATA" (Advanced Technology Attachment) is not pronounced "ate-uh" or "8-uh"and never has been so long as I've been in PC's.

I confirmed this deal myself, and the drives are SATA 1.5Gb/s - First-generation Serial ATA interfaces, also known as SATA/150 for all you fuckers having a hard time with the concept.
:D

Bought out all 5 avaliable at the Potomac Yards BB. Guess I'm building the terabyte media server sooner than I'd expected. Or should I just do a 0+1 on my current board... Decisions, decisions.

DriveEuro said:
And you really think that 90% of the Best Buy employees even know what the word Serial even means?

yes, uh duh... i'm sure at least 60% of them eat their wheaties before work

derr

Umm does it really matter? People don't say es - see - es - ae, they say scuzzi. People don't say technology without an interesting name, they say twain. I personally say Serial ATA but it seems kind of silly to berate other who say "say tuh".

If the consortium who created SATA has come out with a proper pronunciation (for branding/marketing purposes etc.) then I would use that and probably correct people who said it incorrectly but I still see no reason to get into a tizzy if people say it incorrectly.

BTW, if an official pronunciation has been determined, please link me to it.

Thanks for the deal OP, I'll definately be checking my local BB after work.

I pronounce it sat-uh since there's no letter to indicate the long vowel sound. SAETA or SAYTA would be say-tuh.

Good deal though, thanks OP!

kleptophobiac said:
I pronounce it sat-uh since there's no letter to indicate the long vowel sound. SAETA or SAYTA would be say-tuh.

That's 5 for sat-uh and... umm... I don't know how many for the other pronunciation. I ain't counting since I think the other way is bullshit.

Any recommendations on a good relatively cheap 5 port RAID card?

DevilDoc said:
That's 5 for sat-uh and... umm... I don't know how many for the other pronunciation. I ain't counting since I think the other way is bullshit.

Any recommendations on a good relatively cheap 5 port RAID card?
Why 5? Gonna run RAID 5?
Um, I know PNY and XFX make really nice cheap SATA150 raid cards with 5 ports. I believe that they don't even require drivers.

DriveEuro said:
Why 5? Gonna run RAID 5?
Um, I know PNY and XFX make really nice cheap SATA150 raid cards with 5 ports. I believe that they don't even require drivers.

Funny, I'm using one of the driverless cards - 5 x 120GB PATA WD SE's in a RAID3. That's what this upgrade is for. Found a pretty killer deal (IMHO) and posted it up here.

Definetly gonna check my local BB.

also, since ATA was always pronounced by saying the letters, why change for SATA? Its either Serial ATA, or "S" ATA, silly lazy people trying to make it a word.

Awesome deal. Hope the one in Ft. Lauderdale has two tomorrow morning.

I agree I have always said A-T-A and now I also say S-A-T-A. Say-tuh sounds kinda dumb too me.

If you don't need the drive right this second, I think ZipZoomfly is at least as good a deal, if not better.

They have the drive for 113.50 shipped. Yes it's a bit more than BB after tax, but you get a 3yr warranty instead of 1yr.

Either way, if your local BB is out, for a 5-8 bucks more you get a better warranty.

I bit today. 107.99 out the door.

Lewisville, TX BB had 7 left on the shelf.

and Serial ATA is my vote :D

Cool people say sat-uh

Only geeks say "where are your serial ATA drives?" while pushing up the bridge of their glasses.....friggin nerds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back