3500 OC temps.

JR_Rider

Gawd
I was wondering what you guys overclocing temperatures were with the amd 3500 winchester at stock cooling. im at 2.3 gigs at an average of 44 degrees, but my pc ISNT in a case right now maybe the temps will be better when i get it back in the case. but what are you guys temps?

What kind of cooler are you using? I've got an XP-120 and it will hit 48C tops at 2.6 if I stress the hell out of it. At idle its less than 40C. Running Doom3 or 3dMark will put it at around 42-44C.

-zac

Im running stock cooling, and i love that XP-120 but i want an all copper heatsink could you pint me in the direction of a good all copper heatsink that would go good with overclocking.

What kinds of temps are you getting on stock cooling and are you overclocked?

read the post azhreal ;)

and though it's not really applicable, i have a clawhammer at 2.3 with 1.55v with the heatspreader removes that usually tops out around 45c with a room temp of 21c

that thermalright has slight interferance with a capacitor, but it fits
the zalman.. should fit, but i haven't seen anyone with one...

of the two, the xp-120 will cool better, assuming you get a decent airflow fan to go with it.

What the hell, ok I really gotta get checked for ADD this is rediculous.. I read all the posts and still posted that. I just don't rememeber anything anyone says or anything I read :rolleyes: You did say average though... torture test load would be ideal for temp posting. I'm considering not even getting a heatsink if the retail will let my 3500+ 90nm hit 2.5 by itself.

pr0zac said:
What kind of cooler are you using? I've got an XP-120 and it will hit 48C tops at 2.6 if I stress the hell out of it. At idle its less than 40C. Running Doom3 or 3dMark will put it at around 42-44C.

-zac

Wow that sounds exactly like my temps, to the dot...Except my A64 3.2(2.2ghz) is oc to 2.6ghz.....

JR_Rider said:
what do you mean by that, what will it do if i got one? would it mess up anything.
nah, it'll be fine. you should really do a search before asking these questions though :D
read up on how the heatpipe has bend bend a capacitor back about 10º (works just fine though)

Ok, if you went with the XP-120, yes it bends a capacitor slightly and if your gental, no damage will occur. But like you mentioned, you were looking for an all copper heatsink.
The Thermaltake Tower112 is a VERY nice all copper heatsink but it is quite large and does weigh about 3 pounds. The main reason why they can justify that weight is because it will only do some minimal bending of your board if your board is in the upright position (This is over a long period of time though), as well as for proper use of the heatpipe technology, your board should be horizontal laying on the bottom of the case for proper gravitational pull.

If it helps, I am running a 3500+ Winchester with an XP-90. I have it OC'd to 2.4GHz and my idle temps are about 41C with my 92mm fan spinning at 1700 rpm. Its very quiet and very stable. My load temps are very good to, I crank up my other fans when I am gaming and it hits about 44-46C. I didn't run into any problems mounting it to an A8N-SLI board. I haven't tried the XP-120, but the XP-90 seems to do the trick for me and it doesn't weigh a ton.

Man I don't know whats up with your temps......i'm running a 3500+ winchest with stock cooling at 2.5Ghz at the moment. I idle at 28c and never break 40c full load.

Man I don't know whats up with your temps......i'm running a 3500+ winchest with stock cooling at 2.5Ghz at the moment. I idle at 28c and never break 40c full load.
dag i want those temps lol what kind of thermal paste are you using and how did you apply it and how is your airflow like how many fans

Its straight up using the thermal pad that was attached with the stock heatsink/fan. I've got 3 fans sucking air in, and 2 on the back blowing out. Whats interesting is, i put on a RBX dangerden setup and the idle temps went up to 36c with it running at 2400. Its kinda freaky, but everything including the temps appear to be reporting correctly.

I wanted to bring this back up because I'm using STOCK cooler with a winnie 3500+ @ 2.4 just like you, but i only hit 44c load. I am using Artic Silver 5 though... might wanna change some stuff around and ensure that you have the thinnest possible layer you can put on your cpu to still make solid contact. I took a piece of flat plastic to perfectly layer my cpu with the AS5... the amount you use makes a HUGE difference.

Back