$350k Big Screen 3D Display

HardOCP News

[H] News
Who cares about using this massive, high definition 3D virtual display for science? Screw that, I want this thing in my home theater room! Too bad it is $350,000.

The $350,000 scientific display device and its twin backscreen projectors are packed with software designed to impart three-dimensional form and even "feel" to virtual objects, whether a string of molecules seeming to swirl in mid-air, a hovering swath of DNA, or a simulated diseased organ about to be removed.

If I was a millionaire I would buy this to watch movies lol. Then again I am not so yea you can say im a hypocrite when I say thats a large waste of money for regular consumers? But cool never the less.

Why can't this technology be readily available to the unwashed masses? Dammit!!! I want one.

If I'm going to be pissing 350k on frivolous entertainment, I'd rather be picking up a used Lambo LP640 truthfully....Of course, if I have another 350 lying around I can afford to waste as well, then this is probably not too far down the list. I'll be watching woot.com closely in any case :D

Who seriously wants to go on a "highly-detailed journey through the colon."

Just thought that was a funny example to use.

doesnt seem that expensive. just have to save money for like 20 years

Who seriously wants to go on a "highly-detailed journey through the colon."

Just thought that was a funny example to use.

I have videos of something similar but they kepp going in and out with the camera :(

Back