3570K / HD4000 quicksynch, Physx, Lucid Virtu MVP discussion

Krypton

Supreme [H]ardness
I recently acquired the 3570k and have a Nvidia 260GTX core 216.. Although I am connected to the GTX260 to my monitor for now, I do have the HD4000 enabled in the bios and OC'd to 1300 mhz and the latest drivers installed. Just trying to find a good use for the HD4000 :)

Just wondering a few things:

1.) Will my computer still utilize the HD4000 for quicksynch? Do I need to install any software to utilize it.

2.) Is there any discussion on Nvidia to build drivers to utilize the HD4000 as a dedicated physx processor?

3.) Everything I have read about Lucid Virtu MVP is that it is not all that great and is frustrating to use with glitches, game crashes, lowered performance.. has any of this improved in recent months?

I believe you can use quick sync
You do need software that can utilize it
Physx is an nVidia technology and only runs on nVidia GPUs
Virtu MVP still sucks

I recently acquired the 3570k and have a Nvidia 260GTX core 216.. Although I am connected to the GTX260 to my monitor for now, I do have the HD4000 enabled in the bios and OC'd to 1300 mhz and the latest drivers installed. Just trying to find a good use for the HD4000 :)

Just wondering a few things:

1.) Will my computer still utilize the HD4000 for quicksynch? Do I need to install any software to utilize it.

2.) Is there any discussion on Nvidia to build drivers to utilize the HD4000 as a dedicated physx processor?

3.) Everything I have read about Lucid Virtu MVP is that it is not all that great and is frustrating to use with glitches, game crashes, lowered performance.. has any of this improved in recent months?

1) You need to install the iGPU driver, Lucid software (I think) and QuickSync capable software to use it (see this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvf05jVbPiU).

2) Not that I have heard of, that wouldn't make sense for Nvidia financially/strategically on any level as they own PhysX and Intel's GPU solutions are their direct competition.

3) I haven't tried it, but from the research I've done, it sucks and adds no value, just frustration.

Back