360 Freezing

JustinSane

2[H]4U
The 360 I have now is one I got back from Microsoft (5th one), when my 4th one RROD. Now instead of RROD, it is just locking up in a similar way my other did just without the RROD. If I want it fixed I need to spend $99 just because it doesn't have the red rings. Is it a possibility that they shut the ability for the console to red ring off? Anyone with a similar story?

I can't even play videos. The only game I've gotten to work is Hexic.

itll red ring shortly just give it some time id get it replaced through MS

mine has been locking up a lot for the past few months. im waiting for it to rrod any day now.

it may decide to do it tom when i get home from town with battlefield bad company 2

Make sure you approach the console after a long day of work and there's nothing in the world you want to do more than to blast some fools. Guaranteed to RROD at that moment. I'm on my 4th box, but at least MS fixes it for free.

Make sure you approach the console after a long day of work and there's nothing in the world you want to do more than to blast some fools. Guaranteed to RROD at that moment. I'm on my 4th box, but at least MS fixes it for free.

lol yea. i was on my 4th refub and was nearing the end of the my 3 year warranty. i just took it to gamestop and traded it in and bought a brand new elite...just paid the difference. looks like my new one is about to kick the curb

Yea sooner or later it will rrod. Its most likely that 1 or some solder joints from under the gpu chip is not gettibg good contact on the motherboard traces. Maybe to get the rrod sooner just leave it on to get hot even when froze, then it;ll show rrod or the next time u turn it off n on it'll rrod. If you turn it off right after it froze and leave it off for a while all what happens is the solder gets hard and cold and makes enough good contact to work for a little then frezze up again.

well

had to weigh the trade offs

chances of console croaking again are fairly high and an arcade is not that expensive and fixing and selling the old 360 is not that great since people fear bannation from mods

Give it time and it will red ring. Leave it on for awhile and get the heat up if you can... pillow and blankets are good ;-)

i just suffered mt first RROD this past week, my 360 locked up twice in a row third time RROD.

i though it was past the warranty so i went and did the one thing i said i would never do, i bought another 360 i felt like a whore turning my first trick when i paid for it. A elite with ODST & Forza 3 bundle but it turns out i have a month or so to get it warrantied, but i was still mad as fuck about the whole situation, MS still hasn't fixed a core problem since 2005.

so for you guys that have suffered multiple RROD how is it there is no rage? yes i know MS fixes it for free, but they still seem to get a free pass, it just boggles my mind.

i know by buying another 360 i have become part of the problem, but i still went off at MS

A lot of people here have said that they got non-RRoD errors then reported them as so and still got a refurb.

microsoft i don't think care, as long as it under warranty, tell them it is rrod and they will giv eyou a refurb.

I doubt micrsoft test any of the systems the get back. they just refurb. them and send them out agian.

Just get a PlayStation 3. Problem solved.

Not quite. My fatty original bit the dust (YLOD) last December. I reflowed and got it working again, for it to just fail multiple times. In fact.. I literally just reflowed it again yesterday because it died once more. I'm hoping it holds up long enough for me to get through GoW3, and then I'll just let it stay dead if it goes again. Perhaps get a slim, we'll see.

This is weird. I booted it up tonight hoping it would red ring. I was able to load a Devil May Cry 4 demo and actually play the game. I played it for a good 10 minutes then went back to the dashboard. I tried to play a Gears of War video and it locked up. What the hell? How am I able to play Devil May Cry but a video locks it up?

I just restarted and was able to play DMC fine again so I went and tried to play another demo and it locked up. What is so special about DMC that it can survive the lock up?

Last edited:
Back