360 guitar hero 2

Tzzird

Supreme [H]ardness
One of my students told me that he just pre-ordered guitar hero 2 plus 2 guitars for the 360 for $140, no shipping. It also comes with a carrying bag or something like that. Anyone else getting this?

Nopeeeeeeeeee, Due to the fact that the game is not playable online. I'm sticking to the PS2 version.

Nopeeeeeeeeee, Due to the fact that the game is not playable online. I'm sticking to the PS2 version.

Wow, is this confirmed? The preview article I read (gamespot maybe?) alluded to online competition. Are 100% sure it's not playable online?

You can pre-order it at Costco.com for $79.99

Edit: Just noticed your price included 2 guitars. Costco's is just for one.

Wow, is this confirmed? The preview article I read (gamespot maybe?) alluded to online competition. Are 100% sure it's not playable online?

Online leaderboards and downloadable songs

HD and downloadable songs already blows the PS2 version out the water. I can't wait for this game.

Online leaderboards and downloadable songs

HD and downloadable songs already blows the PS2 version out the water. I can't wait for this game.

hmmm... you didn't mention online play. can you challenge other people online, or just a comparison leaderboard?

Confirmed here and there, the new issue of Game Informer mentions it too.

Yeah but sadly they're going to bang us for each song =[

well you can't expect everything for free. But if they pick songs you'd like to play to, that's awesome. Think Itunes for your game :)

The 360 already has 10 more songs than the ps2 version had and now you have the option to have more

hmmm... you didn't mention online play. can you challenge other people online, or just a comparison leaderboard?

Online play would suck in Guitar Hero. Even the little bit of latency introduced by playing it online would ruin the game. The same way that most fighting games dont work too well online *cough SFII cough*. Overall 10 extra songs to begin with, online leaderboards, downloadable content, HD (meh) I'd say that is a pretty decent improvement over the PS2 version. Perhaps not enough if you already own the PS2 version, but certainly if you dont own it I would jump on the 360 version.

i think online play would work out just fine. amplitude (ps2) had online play that was satisfactory. too bad the music sucked in that game, though.

Online play would suck in Guitar Hero. Even the little bit of latency introduced by playing it online would ruin the game. The same way that most fighting games dont work too well online *cough SFII cough*. Overall 10 extra songs to begin with, online leaderboards, downloadable content, HD (meh) I'd say that is a pretty decent improvement over the PS2 version. Perhaps not enough if you already own the PS2 version, but certainly if you dont own it I would jump on the 360 version.

Why couldn't each player have an instance of their own song on their own console and compete that way? Your opponent would lag, but at the end the person with the best score would still win.

Why couldn't each player have an instance of their own song on their own console and compete that way? Your opponent would lag, but at the end the person with the best score would still win.

ya, like root beer tapper.

online play wouldnt work at all. how are you supposed to mess up your friends hands and shit when he isnt in the same room??!!

Halo fans getting this game might be happy with this news (first I heard of it):

The phenomenon that is Guitar Hero 2 is set to hit the Xbox 360 on April 3rd 2007.

It has been announced that the Xbox 360 version will contain 10 new songs that were not found in the Playstation 2 version. However here is song that was not announced, officially anyway. According to Xbox Official Magazine March 2007 issue, the Xbox 360 version could get a awesomely unique downloadable song that is none other than Steve Vai's electric guitar version of "Halo Mjolnir Theme Song".

Sweet!

~ HD Game News (source: OXM)

online play wouldnt work at all. how are you supposed to mess up your friends hands and shit when he isnt in the same room??!!

Maybe they'll make the select button work as a taunt that you'll have to use strategically at some point in the song.

I'll be buying this. One for me and one for my brothers birthday. The fact that theres a Steve Vai track in it seals the deal for me. Cant wait :D

At that point your not even really competing against someone....you might as well just do the online leaderboard.

Personally I think GH is just one of those games where the multiplayer is great on one console but just wouldn't work well over the net. Leaderboards are cool though because it gives you motivation to get that extra 1000 pts on song X.

I also read on Ign I think that the build quality of the Xbox guitars is better. Supposedly a lot more solid feeling and smother buttons. This could justify the extra cost per controller.

I will be getting this as well.

At that point your not even really competing against someone....you might as well just do the online leaderboard.

It seems very different to me. Being able to play the same song at the same time with your friends and talk with them during it would be awesome, even if there was a .1 second delay before you see if your friend just missed that one note, or whatever.

Back