360 HD VGA Cable

Go for it. I don't have a 360 yet, but when I buy mine (hopefully in a matter of a couple weeks), I'll be getting the VGA cable as well (the Microsoft brand). I've seen the 360 hooked up to a 37 inch Westinghouse Monitor, using the VGA cable, and running Gears of War... Amazing! According to some the VGA cable gives you a brighter picture then component (or something... maybe the colors weren't right... I don't know), but I had no problem with how it looked.

I'll sell you mine. I bought a 56 samsung DLP so dont need it anymore. PM me if interested.

I run my 360 off a ms vga cable on a 22 inch gateway lcd. Works great.

I Bought mine at a local gamestop for 10$. saved 30$ good deal if u can find em there.

I use a cheap knockoff ($15) off Ebay.....looks and feels just like the MS cable and everything looks great on my 2007WFP.

Go for it. The VGA cable also upconverts your regular DVDs.

I must disagree with this because I've tested this with many DVD's that I own and between viewing movies on the Xbox 360 as opposed to my PC on the same monitor (Dell 2407WFP), the quality is immeasurably better on the PC.

To the original poster:

Purchase the cable. It's definitely worth it. I'd also recommend an optical cable, if your stereo system is capable of digital output. Experience the bliss of 5.1 audio!

Dark Assassin

will i see a difference between the VGA cable than with the component cable i currently use it with? I have an NEC 20WMGX2 monitor. Is it worth it?

I got my 360 on Friday, but didn't get to hook it up until Sunday night. I bought the Microsoft brand VGA cables, and I have ZERO complaints. It looks great on my 22 inch Samsung widescreen monitor.

I use no-name brand VGA cables on my LCD HDTV to get 1080p, and I think they're great. This is the exact auction I got, I can't recall offhand though if they have optical out. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300080301735 I would recommend them, $14.50 shipped. I never tried them on a computer monitor, so I don't know if there's any difference.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I found the microsoft ones for $13 shipped so I just got them.

Thanks guys

The cable does send some digital information although the video is all analog. So I am sure it's just the company trying to take advantage with it's advertisment

If anyone has a digital optical connector for a 5.1 that's really cheap send a link my way. I'm using the Microsoft VGA connector that yes I paid $40 for. There was no optical connector - instead they want another $30 for one at bestbuy... Argh!

I'm wondering if the HDMI port will make the picture look any better for those of us that are playing the 360 on a 20" or 22" lcd monitor instead of hooking it up through vga.

Since those HD ready monitors are really only capable of HD through the DVI port, i suppose a fully digital picture would look much better than the MS VGA cord.

Back