360 to Widescreen monitor... any sound?

have2p

Limp Gawd
I've got my 360 hooked up to a 22" widescreen Westinghouse. It looks awesome in 1080i. But now I don't have any sound! I have a sweet set of klipsch speakers right next to my monitor. Any way to get sound out of those? Any way to get sound at all?

There's an adapter you could get, I don't know what you'd call it though. Its got some ports on one side for the speakers to plug into, and ports on the other side for your system's audio cables to go into. Mine came with my Logitech 5.1s, but I could take a picture of it if you need an idea of what to look for.

The HD cable has audio cables with it, aswell as a Toslink connection for Digital Audio....

You either need to plug in to one of the connections via your sound card or optical connection on your speakers if they have one.

You need a DDTS-100 from Creative. This is kinda like a mini-receiver or pre-amp.

Basically, it's got 3 outputs for your Klipsch speakers (I know, I own both Ultra 5.1 and DDTS-100 along with game consoles)

Anyways, it's got 3 analog inputs (RCA red/white) for VCR/PS1/etc and 4 digital inputs (3 optical, 1 coax) and a nifty remote.

It's great to hook up the Klipsch speakers up to your satellite box, DVD player, PC, game consoles, etc etc.

Downside is it's no longer made and eBay is expensive (>$200, retail was $150)

kent said:
You need a DDTS-100 from Creative. This is kinda like a mini-receiver or pre-amp.

Basically, it's got 3 outputs for your Klipsch speakers (I know, I own both Ultra 5.1 and DDTS-100 along with game consoles)

Anyways, it's got 3 analog inputs (RCA red/white) for VCR/PS1/etc and 4 digital inputs (3 optical, 1 coax) and a nifty remote.

It's great to hook up the Klipsch speakers up to your satellite box, DVD player, PC, game consoles, etc etc.

Downside is it's no longer made and eBay is expensive (>$200, retail was $150)

What he basically said is, you need a reciever. (I have a DDTS-100, but theres no point in telling you, since you wont find one anywhere. Much better recievers at $200 anyway.)
EDIT: $150 retail? I paid $99 for mine. Got it from newegg, i think....

There are numerous adapters and converters, that can be bought at a place like RadioShack.

Back