360 wired controller problem on PC

Forsakenzoul

Limp Gawd
Hello everyone ^^ i have a problem,

I bought a Wired XBox 360 controller to use on my PC to play FFXI. I thought the buttons would be mapped exactly the same as in the XBox 360 version but they werent, big dea i remapped them. But the problem is that the left and right trigers (not the buttons) are not recognized by the FFXI controll configuration. The Triggers are seen as Axis not as buttons so its not seen on FFXI. IS there a way to fix this or some sort of mod or special Drivers that could fix it?

Thanx to all in advance :D

If you haven't already, download and install the XBCD drivers instead of the official MS ones. That might help.

Forsakenzoul said:
OK its been fixed thanx to this site :) http://xbcd360guide.50webs.com/

just make sure you get the file that sets the controller triggers as 2 separate digital buttons. :D
Can you keep them as analog triggers so they work progressively in racing games for gas and break? I've been wanting to play NFS and some other racing titles on the computer, but not with all or nothing gas and break that the keyboards give you.

well they have different profiles for the controller in that site. They have one that makes them seem (The trigers) as 2 different axis, they usually appear as one axis (z axis) so you can tray that. :) Also the default setup with the Microsoft official drivers for the controller set up the controller automatically for NFS:MW with the break and acceleration on each triggers.

Back