$37.99 Orange Box and Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars PC @ CC

Nice! Good thing I've waited and haven't bought Orange box yet. I don't really care about playing in the TF2 beta and I always wondered what would happen if Steam ceased to exist...would my virtual copies of games disappear as well?

A hard copy is always better, and this the best deal so far.

You can make a hard copy of a steam game if that's important to you. This, however, is probably the best price you'll get for a while.

lol, even on steam its already 10% off and going for $45

i might have to pick this up.

although playing the TF2 beta has been outstanding fun, and I'm glad I didn't wait, I wish I could have gotten the physical box and for cheaper :( oh well it's only what, a $6 difference? no biggie :D plus I got to make my wife happy with free peggle action

Circiut City will have Orange Box and Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars for PC on 10/9 for $37.99 each!

http://mail.icmail.net/users/[email protected]/cc1.pdf
ok 3 things:

1. DANGIT it's cheaper than I paid for the pre order on steam!
2. #1 is tolerable, since it was only $6 ish more, and I've been enjoying TF2
3. I really thought the thread title indicated the Orange box AND ET:Quake was $38. If that was the case I was gonna be uber pissed

ok 3 things:

1. DANGIT it's cheaper than I paid for the pre order on steam!
2. #1 is tolerable, since it was only $6 ish more, and I've been enjoying TF2
3. I really thought the thread title indicated the Orange box AND ET:Quake was $38. If that was the case I was gonna be uber pissed

qft

thanks for the info OP. I'm definitly going to bite on the orange box. ETQW...not so much.

For the last few major releases, CC has really been THE place to beat.

Yep, they seem to be really focused on being the next big pc game retailer instead of Best Buy. It seems to be working so far, I've been there for the past few games like Bioshock. I'm not a big fan of their legal action over at CheapAssGamers, though.

And to the OP, good lookin' out! Might end up getting both of em from CC.

so what's part of orange box that is all the hype... we get a full version of TF2 and HL2 Ep2, is that it? just curious...

:confused:thanks OP!

I got my local BB to price match it (QWET), but BB doesn't have Orange box until next week =(

or is that the same w/ CC?

You got a price match using a price that will go into effect next week?

omg it's not for today?? and i was thinking of going there today lol... i saw it said TUESDAY, but didn't know it was for 10/9... glad you said something b/c i was gonna waste a trip after work @ 6pm.

best buy is right next to my work vs going to circuit city which is 10 miles down the road.

and I didn't notice that the add was for next tuesday, oh well I got my Quake wars for 37.99 30 mins ago =D

I just showed the best buy guy the add via pdf from my treo and he walked me to the register and even grabbed two games from the warehouse for me and told the cashier to do a price match :D

best buy is right next to my work vs going to circuit city which is 10 miles down the road.

and I didn't notice that the add was for next tuesday, oh well I got my Quake wars for 37.99 30 mins ago =D

I just showed the best buy guy the add via pdf from my treo and he walked me to the register and even grabbed two games from the warehouse for me and told the cashier to do a price match :D

what 2 games did he grab?

man do i wish i could get this deal right now for the orange box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh I just got 2 quake wars enemy territories (1 for me and 1 for my younger bro), I didn't realize that the orange box wasn't available until next week (I didn't even notice that the ad was for next week, not this week)

I assumed it was this week, since qwet came out today...but the best buy guy saw the ad on my phone and w/ out any hesitation he went to the warehouse to grab 2 games for me...not sure why they didn't have any out for display

oh I just got 2 quake wars enemy territories (1 for me and 1 for my younger bro), I didn't realize that the orange box wasn't available until next week (I didn't even notice that the ad was for next week, not this week)

I assumed it was this week, since qwet came out today...but the best buy guy saw the ad on my phone and w/ out any hesitation he went to the warehouse to grab 2 games for me...not sure why they didn't have any out for display

Dammit...i need to get rid of my old brick phone. I was gonna grab it tomorrow...but i think i'll have to wait till next week.

Nice find, but it doesn't do much for me. :(

With tax, the CC deal comes to just under $42. My pre-order from Amazon is $44 w/free shipping so it's basically a wash.

With tax, the CC deal comes to just under $42. My pre-order from Amazon is $44 w/free shipping so it's basically a wash.

Dude!! You could save 2 whole dollars!! Thats 2 Jr Bacon cheeseburgers, or a shopping spree at the 99 cent store, or 7 packs of gum, imagine the possibilities!

Dude!! You could save 2 whole dollars!! Thats 2 Jr Bacon cheeseburgers, or a shopping spree at the 99 cent store, or 7 packs of gum, imagine the possibilities!
Hmmmm... I hadn't considered the 2 junior bacon cheeseburgers angle. That's some good eatin'! Maybe I could swing by Wendy's on the way home from CC. Of course, there's that little issue about wasted gas during the shopping run. :p

However, if you do the free shipping Amazon won't deliver your order until ~ October 22, versus picking it up for about the same price on launch day.

For extra gas money, PM 110% at Best Buy :p

Stupid Question:
If I buy the instore version of Quake Enemy Territory, can I then add it to my Steam account? I know its not a Valve game, but they still offer it through Steam for $50. I tend to lose my game CD's and I love how I am able to re-download the games i bought through Steam. I know when I bought Episode One in the store it activated on my steam account. I then lost the CD for Episode One and have been able to re-download it again. Is it the same for iD games?

Stupid Question:
If I buy the instore version of Quake Enemy Territory, can I then add it to my Steam account? I know its not a Valve game, but they still offer it through Steam for $50. I tend to lose my game CD's and I love how I am able to re-download the games i bought through Steam. I know when I bought Episode One in the store it activated on my steam account. I then lost the CD for Episode One and have been able to re-download it again. Is it the same for iD games?

I don't believe so. Ep1 requires Steam and is added to your Steam account.

Slightly OT: Does anyone bother with the install CDs/DVDs when reinstalling Valve games? Steam is slower, but it is just so damned convenient. Finish up a fresh Windows install, get Steam installed and queue up all your games for download. A couple hours later, you're golden.

I don't believe so. Ep1 requires Steam and is added to your Steam account.

Slightly OT: Does anyone bother with the install CDs/DVDs when reinstalling Valve games? Steam is slower, but it is just so damned convenient. Finish up a fresh Windows install, get Steam installed and queue up all your games for download. A couple hours later, you're golden.
I've thought about this. Whenever I've reinstalled I have used the HL2 CDs, even though they are a pain. However, by the time the CD files are unencrypted and updated, I wonder if it wouldn't be nearly the same amount of time as simply downloading the whole thing overnight.

Next time, I'm going to do a backup of the game files.

Note: last night, a friend was over (who owns TF2 on his steam account). I wanted to install TF2 quickly on my 2nd PC, so I installed Steam on PC2, copied the entire Steam folder from PC1 onto PC2, and then restarted Steam on PC2. It detected all the games beautifully.

so what's part of orange box that is all the hype... we get a full version of TF2 and HL2 Ep2, is that it? just curious...

and portal.

I want to play that and EP2 so I might as well get TF2 for a lil bit more too.

I know where I'm going Tuesday!
And I have over 70 hours of sick time available to me. :p

wait this one come with TF2? =/

HL2/HL2:Ep1/HL2:Ep2/TF2/Portal are included in The Orange Box. If HL2/HL2:Ep1 are on your account, you are given "gifts" of them you can give or sell to someone else and give to their account via email.

Nice! Good thing I've waited and haven't bought Orange box yet. I don't really care about playing in the TF2 beta and I always wondered what would happen if Steam ceased to exist...would my virtual copies of games disappear as well?

A hard copy is always better, and this the best deal so far.

There is a FAQ about it on steampowered.com . They have a system in place that cuts out the need for steam to activate against the servers. But with how they are doing I dont need that happening any time soon.

HL2/HL2:Ep1/HL2:Ep2/TF2/Portal are included in The Orange Box. If HL2/HL2:Ep1 are on your account, you are given "gifts" of them you can give or sell to someone else and give to their account via email.

I have HL2 and CS:S... that's what I got when I bought the game from EBX a long time ago... I wouldn't have EP1, right? I wonder how I can "gift" the HL2 part b/c I think I would need the HL2:Ep1 part... I may just play EP1 and EP2 when I buy this... just wondering how I'll be prompted about this gift... will the game install notice that I have certain games already and somehow give me a choice to send to another email? We shall see I guess...

Thx.

I have HL2 and CS:S... that's what I got when I bought the game from EBX a long time ago... I wouldn't have EP1, right? I wonder how I can "gift" the HL2 part b/c I think I would need the HL2:Ep1 part... I may just play EP1 and EP2 when I buy this... just wondering how I'll be prompted about this gift... will the game install notice that I have certain games already and somehow give me a choice to send to another email? We shall see I guess...

Thx.
..eh...yeah..words...

Answer 1: No, unless you specifically purchased Half-Life 2: Episode 1 (HL2:EP1) you will not have that already installed.
Answer 2: Upon the actual "release" of the Orange Box, the games of which you already own, (Half-Life 2 and Half-Life 2: Episode 1) will have the option of "gifting" what extra copy or copies you have to a freind (that has a steam account) or what not.
Kind of like how they gave you the option to send a "guest pass" to your friends for games that you bought, so that they could try it out for a limited time before they decided to buy it.

Also for those of you that already have the Orange Box, Portal has been avalible for pre-load for a few days now, and HL2:EP1 became avalible just the other day.
So go ahead and get them ready for unlocking. =)

Back