372.54 driver out

Interesting, seems to be a Windows 10 AU issue with DX9 and Games for Windows.

The issue seems to be based around this: (Taken from Geforce forums with Fallout3/NV)
  1. Renderer Device Information:
  2. NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal)
  3. C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_b07608b795ac4102\nvd3dum.dll
  4. RenderPath : BSSM_SV_2_0
  5. PSversion : 300
  6. VSversion : 300
  7. VStarget : vs_2_0
  8. PStarget : ps_2_0
  9. PS2xtarget : ps_2_0
  10. maxPS20inst : 512
  11. 3.0 Shaders : no
  12. Image space effects : yes
  13. Nonpowerof2textures : yes
  14. FP16ARGB blending : yes
  15. FP16ARGB filtering : yes
  16. High dynamic range : no
  17. Bloom lighting : yes
  18. Refraction : yes
  19. 2.0 hair : yes
  20. SLI mode : no
  21. Water shader : yes
  22. Water reflections : no
  23. Water displacement : no
  24. Water high res : no
  25. Multisample Type : 0
  26. Shader Package : 2
In short, that's messed up.

I wonder if its actually a WDDM2.1 issue with these. But I hope its a driver issue. Else its not going to be solved anytime soon if it has to come from MS.

Did you take this from my post at nvidia forums :D?

I'm not sure if it's solely to do with the driver, AU, or both. It sounds like people who rolled back to a previous driver had this resolved (even with AU installed). It looks like all of these gamebryo engine games from Bethesda are having trouble recognizing the supported features and shader models with this driver.

Fallout 3 and NV crash, HDR is broken in Oblivion. And all of these games are defaulting to the lowest shader package (2), AFAIK they should be using SM 3.0 and package 19.

I don't think it has anything to do with GFW, Fallout NV and Oblivion don't use GFW, and my other GFW DX9 games are working fine.

VRAM usage is limited to 4GB in Windows 10 with DX9. If you're running a modded Gamebryo game you'll want to run it in Windows 7 or 8.1, anyway.

Did you take this from my post at nvidia forums :D?

I'm not sure if it's solely to do with the driver, AU, or both. It sounds like people who rolled back to a previous driver had this resolved (even with AU installed). It looks like all of these gamebryo engine games from Bethesda are having trouble recognizing the supported features and shader models with this driver.

Fallout 3 and NV crash, HDR is broken in Oblivion. And all of these games are defaulting to the lowest shader package (2), AFAIK they should be using SM 3.0 and package 19.

I don't think it has anything to do with GFW, Fallout NV and Oblivion don't use GFW, and my other GFW DX9 games are working fine.

Maybe, I cant remember the name. But it was in the end of the thread (Page 51 or something) :D

Ok so GFW seems to be excluded. When I started up Fallout 3, Windows came up with an incompatible issue and wanted me to install it. But it was still bugged. For NV it was already there so I just guessed.

Its a shame we only have 1 WDDM 2.1 driver. I still wonder if the driver is broken or its a WDDM 2.1 issue. As said I hope its a driver issue due to the resolve time.

Maybe, I cant remember the name. But it was in the end of the thread (Page 51 or something) :D

Ok so GFW seems to be excluded. When I started up Fallout 3, Windows came up with an incompatible issue and wanted me to install it. But it was still bugged. For NV it was already there so I just guessed.

Its a shame we only have 1 WDDM 2.1 driver. I still wonder if the driver is broken or its a WDDM 2.1 issue. As said I hope its a driver issue due to the resolve time.

Actually skyrim seems to detect everything correctly, oblivion, Fallout3 and FalloutNV are the only things I see issues with on my system.

Back