3870 x2 3DMark06 scores

jkw

Gawd
i just got my 3870 x2 in the mail today from ZZF.

Q6600 G0 @ 3608
4GB of XMS DDR2-800
Asus P5K
Asus 3870 x2

w/ stock card settings (825/901), i got 16821

@ 850/901, i got 17504

Ok, here's mine, very weird stuff going on though...

Q6600 @ 2400
2 GB of DDR3 @ 1066
Foxconn x38A
Asus 3870 x2
8.1 Cats [8.4's on the disc had no crossfire or overdirve panels in the CCC]

I have 2 cards, so when I first ran the test, they were both in the board, using the bottom as the primary [no signal if the dvi was in the top card, no crossfire enabled]

w/ stock card settings (825/901), i got 10456

Thought this was odd, so I shut down and removed the bottom card, leaving the top card in and as primary.

w/ stock card settings (825/901), i got 13049

Tomorrow night I'm going to swap the cards and see what I get.

Any clue when the updated drivers for this card are going to be available?

Q6600 @ 2400
2 GB of DDR3 @ 1066
Foxconn x38A
Asus 3870 x2

I have 2 cards, so when I first ran the test, they were both in the board, using the bottom as the primary [no signal if the dvi was in the top card, no crossfire enabled]

Thought this was odd, so I shut down and removed the bottom card, leaving the top card in and as primary.

something has to be wrong with that score 00
my oced 3850 got 11k, and 8800gt gets 14k

Q6600 @ 2400
2 GB of DDR3 @ 1066
Foxconn x38A
Asus 3870 x2

I wonder why you are having those issue with 8.4

Your processor is clocked way higher.

This is true, and would account for the score being higher slightly, but the fact is, I benched with both cards in and got ~10k, took one card out and benched and got ~13k, all without crossfire being enabled at all. So something is definitely a bit funky.

I scored

16500 at 1920x1080

19000 at 3dmark06 standard res ( forget what that is )

Wow...blazing fast. Minimum frame rate never went below 30fps

[email protected] ( only 1.35v )
Asus Maximus Formula x38
4gb 800 ram@ 4-4-4-12
Vista 64 ultimate

oh and thats using the 8.45's that came with the disk...so whoever said he is using 7.4's well you obviously don't have this card and havent read the reviews ( reviewers are all using versions in the 8.4's )

hopefully i will get around 18k to 20k in 3dmark 06 with my current setup. I should have the card in on Monday.

Oddly enough, like I said, I don't even have any options for crossfire, whether one card is in, or both. very strange...I didn't even know you could turn crossfire off in the single card.

Maybe when I get home today i'll try the drivers off the cd again?

Oddly enough, like I said, I don't even have any options for crossfire, whether one card is in, or both. very strange...I didn't even know you could turn crossfire off in the single card.

Maybe when I get home today i'll try the drivers off the cd again?

I only see that setting when I have both cards installed.

I would try running 8.4 again, have both cards installed. But don't use the bridge.

Ok, I'm at my whits end here...and posting from safe mode...

here's what happens:

-One card, installed in the top pci-e with 8.4 drivers = desktop is dimmed, but not the mouse pointer, no overdrive or crossfire panels in CCC

-One card, installed in the top pci-e with 8.1 drivers = fine, but getting only 13k in 3dmark06

-2 cards, no crossfire bridge with 8.1 drivers = primary card switches to the bottom card, ~10k in 3dmark06

-2 cards with crossfire bridge with 8.1 driver = started blue screening on windows startup

I have no idea what's going on here...

I wonder if you have a bad card. I assume you tried both cards as primary. And I assume you uninstalled the old drivers first.

It seems like only one GPU is working.

3DM06_3870X2.jpg

Well, i'm running with one card in my board right now. Able to play HL2:Ep2, TF2, Bioshock, and Call fo Juarez all at 1920x1200 with 8xaa and 16xaf, so I guess my performance isn't suffering too badly. Although, I can't put my core clock past 860 without my system locking up. I wonder why those 3dmark scores are a bit off tho, and why with both cards in it drops...oh well. Waiting on these damn crossfireX drivers, lol. Can't wait to get 2 cards running the right way together. Hopefully they are out soon, ATI has to know tons of people bought 2 of these things...don't make us sit around and wait too long! lol.

Well, i'm running with one card in my board right now. Able to play HL2:Ep2, TF2, Bioshock, and Call fo Juarez all at 1920x1200 with 8xaa and 16xaf, so I guess my performance isn't suffering too badly. Although, I can't put my core clock past 860 without my system locking up. I wonder why those 3dmark scores are a bit off tho, and why with both cards in it drops...oh well. Waiting on these damn crossfireX drivers, lol. Can't wait to get 2 cards running the right way together. Hopefully they are out soon, ATI has to know tons of people bought 2 of these things...don't make us sit around and wait too long! lol.

I had a simliliar problem, first time I installed drivers I could max the OC sliders no problem, second set i installed started hard locking anything over 860. I did a custom uninstall using ATI Catalyst Installer then ran Driver Cleaner Pro to remove all instance of ATI. The rebooted and installed the new drivers and was now able to max the sliders again. I am just running a single card though no CrossfireX.

Here are my results with max sliders on the 108a drivers, the 123a's seem to perform better for me, but am just sticking with these for now since the official 8.2's are supposed to be out in a couple days:

3dm18k.jpg

Back