3870x2 crossfire article

Interesting....

I wonder if a leaked driver might make it's way to the public

i just read about a leaked driver for XP and Vista that addresses some of the performance issues for the ATI - X2's

they are not WHQL so use at your own risk, and turn off driver signing :eek:

wow this Ownz.

They should try Crysis now ^^

Agreed.. I find it funny they didnt use any of the "modern" titles that we all come to expect when looking at benchmarks. even a simple run of Crysis and COD4 would have beeen far more telling.

This is why I never judge the speed of a card until [H] does a review.

Seriously, 120 vs. 200 fps in FEAR? Why the hell did they even use that game?

Probably because crossfire didn't scale nearly as well in the games people would really be buying these cards to play.

Seriously, 120 vs. 200 fps in FEAR? Why the hell did they even use that game?

Probably because crossfire didn't scale nearly as well in the games people would really be buying these cards to play.

LOL! :D Why do you think they chose games where scaling were supported in beta? May I remind you that its the scaling they were testing? And only at its current beta state?

The numbers presented in this article should only be interpreted as “a brief look at the state of scaling performance generated by AMD’s current beta CrossFireX driver”. Again, the numbers presented in this article are tentative -by no means are they or should they be interpreted as directly indicative of the performance that CrossFireX will deliver upon its official release.

Edit:
Its a bit cute that Nvidia users enters every thread here in ATI flavor every time something positive about ATI cards is shown. Complaining about the results, even if there is a big disclaimer about the results in red ...

I'm really hoping ATI can pull a rabbit out of the hat with the drivers. Imagine Xfire with say 3870x2 + r700 that comes out later. That would be awesome.

Disclaimer: I'm not a fan of either nvidia/ati I buy whatever fits my needs and I dont bash anyone or feel the need to pad any insecurities with my computer part purchases.

I'm really hoping ATI can pull a rabbit out of the hat with the drivers. Imagine Xfire with say 3870x2 + r700 that comes out later. That would be awesome.
[/COLOR]

I hope so too. Regardless of what we buy, Nvidia or ATI, we all benifit most when those two companies are at each others heels in competition. If one is further ahead, they feel the can take more for their products and we all loose.

Nvidia had such performing products with their current 8000 series that they could pospone their 9000 series. Hopefully now, new and better releases would come from Nvidia as results.

If the G100 or the R700 is revolutionary, I'll get the best of those. If CrossfireX turns out to be close to them, I'll get myself a second 3870X2. In either case, regardless of who has the crown of Nvidia or ATI, I win as long as they are competing against each other! :D

Edit: I like your disclaimer! If only everyone felt the same way, it would be more fun to discuss GFX tech!

LOL! :D Why do you think they chose games where scaling were supported in beta? May I remind you that its the scaling they were testing? And only at its current beta state?

Edit:
Its a bit cute that Nvidia users enters every thread here in ATI flavor every time something positive about ATI cards is shown. Complaining about the results, even if there is a big disclaimer about the results in red ...

Yup, it seems reading is a problem for some kids especially when the fanboy blinkers are on.

Two 3870X2s is expensive. Personally, i believe in the value for money ratio of a single card, IE one 3870X2. Although the results in this "beta" test are positive for ATI, it just doesn't strike a cord within me.

I'm sure they'll do a review as soon as decent drivers are made available. We'll see the differences then. I'm very curious about Crysis.

Two 3870X2s is expensive. Personally, i believe in the value for money ratio of a single card, IE one 3870X2. Although the results in this "beta" test are positive for ATI, it just doesn't strike a cord within me.

Two 3870x2s is not expensive compared to three 8800GTXs or Ultras (heck, even 2 Ultras). Eitherway, that was an interesting read. I wonder how much effect newer drivers will have.

Edit:

Wasn't complaining about the cards or ATI, only the review itself.

I've been eyeing a 3870x2 since it came out, thats why an "Nvidia" user is in the ATI forum.

:p

edit: the disclaimer still doesn't mention why there wern't any "newer" titles tested.

Back