3870X2 (R680) Video @CES doing COD4 2560x1600 AA on

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems be much more elegant than the nvidia solution, two pcb duct-taped nv crap? give me a break, what kind of retard would buy that? :D

It seems be much more elegant than the nvidia solution, two pcb duct-taped nv crap? give me a break, what kind of retard would buy that? :D

Plenty of people bought the 7950 which was the same thing really.

You're right! I for one will probably buy the X2 as long as there is a water block available after a short while. I can only imagine the heat issues with both cards, but the ATi solution looks a little more... effective?

, but the ATi solution looks a little more... effective?

I think the best way to put it is it looks to be less of a bodge job. For ati to put both cores on one card must have required a lot of reworking of the pcb, nvidia seems to have taken the quick and simple way out and will most likely still market their version as a "single card".

what happened to the cool lookin coolers? Never made it out of beta :(. Wouldn't go so far as to say the stock 3870X2 one looks like a cock but still... i guess its mostly about the sticker, lol. Still, If i had access to a CNC machine I'd rework the 8800 Ultra cooler to work. that would be awesome.

?? the rain effects and the "wet" feel to it was awesome....HL2 is still a damn good looking game, but COD4 takes the cake.

Someone from Aperture science is here to see you.

The source engine still looks pretty damn fine considering its age. I don't know the details of how an engine works (polygon restrictions and texture density restrictions I'd assume), but the source engine has undergone alot of modification, and is relatively only distantly related to ver1. Its HDR is really quite stunning. Passive water, like lakes and oceans, still look pretty wicked. (Interaction with such water however, looks 2bit).

Meh, when it's in the case, you won't be able to see the picture/cool design anyway. That's how it is for me anyway.

I much prefer the look of ATI's design than what the Nvidia design looks like. I've seen many Nvidia fans even say the nvidia card is ugly.

As for people saying the ATI 3870 suffers with AA. I used to think that, but no longer think that. If you look at all the benchmarks and subtract the hit on the fps AA takes for Nvidia, they lose just as much in fps as the ATI cards do when AA is turned on. If not more. (referring to the 8800gt).

who gives a shit about COD4 how does it play Crysis? that is whats important here.

As for people saying the ATI 3870 suffers with AA. I used to think that, but no longer think that. If you look at all the benchmarks and subtract the hit on the fps AA takes for Nvidia, they lose just as much in fps as the ATI cards do when AA is turned on. If not more. (referring to the 8800gt).

What?

Did you miss the latest [H] review?

Enabling 2X MSAA while running with the new NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512 MB video card presented us with a performance penalty of about 18%.

The NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB video card gave us very nearly the same performance penalty, at 18.1% for the luxury of 2X MSAA.

Meanwhile, the ATI Radeon HD 3870 512 MB gave us a whopping 31% performance decrease.

It appears that the CD Projekt Red developers knew exactly what they were doing by limiting the in-game AA setting to a 2X sample rate.

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTQ0Miw0LCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

31% is almost twice as much of a loss.

How about shut up and stop making childish posts ruining a perfectly fine thread?

Excuse you guy, but you should take note of the fact that people were attacking me for my opinions. Absolutely uncalled for. Post when you have something *valuable* to contribute.

Excuse you guy, but you should take note of the fact that people were attacking me for my opinions. Absolutely uncalled for. Post when you have something *valuable* to contribute.

It was your attitude and general attitude. hell, a mod already edited one of your posts because of it.

Seriously, grow up and stop ruining a perfectly fine thread with childishness.

It was your attitude and general attitude. hell, a mod already edited one of your posts because of it.

Seriously, grow up and stop ruining a perfectly fine thread with childishness.

shipmentoffailat7.jpg

It was edited because they have an arbitrary rule against using capital characters. Lern2Reed
kid.

If you flame me for my opinion, of course I'm going to defend it. The fact is, I think wrapping the card was interesting aesthetically. It's never been done like that before on a reference model, and that is *new* whether you like it or not. With this kind of extremist position, I guess it's a good thing this isn't a dictatorship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back